The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

biglouis

X-H1+16/1.4 at Paddington Station, London. All handheld. I like the X-T3 but I love the X-H1.

16mm, f1.4, iso200, 1/40

16mm, f1.4, iso320, 1/60

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Will,

That's quite lovely. Because I can't see the whole image on my laptop screen, a particularly nice crop jumps out when I scroll. The bottom up to about the top of the light cloud reflections. 8-10 windows above the outside dark lines. Maybe a 4:3 ratio.

Matt

darr

Sitting Crow

X-Pro3 + XC 50-230/4.5 + textured background

--

Notes on X-Pro3 so far ...

I have had the X-Pro3 since mid January and used it primarily for digitizing film. I finally got out yesterday looking for a few birds for a project I began shooting earlier this year. The one difference between the XP2 and the XP3 I noticed right away is the XP3 will save the "2 second self-timer" setting after I shut off the camera, where the XP2 made me have to set it again and again. Other changes I like is the ability to customize the amount of buttons in the Quick menu. I am a minimalist when it comes to settings, so I like having only what I need. The body does feel lighter in my hand, and this is the Dura Black finish. The XP3 screen works great when used on a copy stand. I did set up the Fn2 button (next to the viewfinder selector) for playback when out shooting, but I am finding I prefer to look at playback when I am done shooting altogether. Looking forward to have some extra time soon so I can swap out some gear and add a couple of better zooms.

Hope everyone is doing well,
Darr

Pelorus

G'day Will, as Darr says I'm also enjoying this series. I like the way you grab a theme and explore it, I think the last one was people in art galleries. Thank you.

Will,
I am enjoying all your superb b&w architectural pieces; really lovely!!

Best to you,
Darr

Pelorus

Re: Sitting Crow

Darr, I rarely pop the screen on mine. I have the camera set up so that the shot previews in the EVF for 1.5 seconds after I take it. That provides enough feedback and I can press the shutter again and that dismisses the preview.

Notes on X-Pro3 so far ...

I have had the X-Pro3 since mid January and used it primarily for digitizing film. I finally got out yesterday looking for a few birds for a project I began shooting earlier this year. The one difference between the XP2 and the XP3 I noticed right away is the XP3 will save the "2 second self-timer" setting after I shut off the camera, where the XP2 made me have to set it again and again. Other changes I like is the ability to customize the amount of buttons in the Quick menu. I am a minimalist when it comes to settings, so I like having only what I need. The body does feel lighter in my hand, and this is the Dura Black finish. The XP3 screen works great when used on a copy stand. I did set up the Fn2 button (next to the viewfinder selector) for playback when out shooting, but I am finding I prefer to look at playback when I am done shooting altogether. Looking forward to have some extra time soon so I can swap out some gear and add a couple of better zooms.

Hope everyone is doing well,
Darr​