The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

darr

Re: Sitting Crow

Darr, I rarely pop the screen on mine. I have the camera set up so that the shot previews in the EVF for 1.5 seconds after I take it. That provides enough feedback and I can press the shutter again and that dismisses the preview.

Great idea!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Just the perfect rainy morning for an old lens and film. Unfortunately, I had to make do with the X-H1 and 55-200. I tried for the low contrast old-timey look. 3 stops of DR should be enough! :grin:

Matt

biglouis

Some 'fun' photos when I encountered a troupe of guide dogs on a training day at the Tower Hill, outside the Tower of London. X-T3+18-55.

MGrayson

I was having so much fun with the Laowa 17mm on the GFX 100 that I had to try the 9mm on the X-H1. It is a cute and capable lens. I was testing it at distance when Soup came to investigate. While not the best focused of the bunch, this has a "you lookin' at me?" character that I find particularly charming.

Architecture when I get to it. We're close to lockdown here, so don't know when that will be.

Hoping everyone is safe, healthy, and supplied with necessities,

Matt

Last edited:

JoelM

Hoping everyone is safe, healthy, and supplied with necessities,

Matt
No, people are out of their ever-fricking minds. Stores are open, food and basic supplies are available, but by hoarding and making a mad dash, it leaves others with nothing. That would be me. I went to the market, Vons (a big store) and they had no yams, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, peanut butter, yogurt. Hardly anything and people were lined up to the back of the store. I just left.

So, is it stupidity, selfishness, or fear? Perhaps a combination.

Joel

pegelli

So, is it stupidity, selfishness, or fear? Perhaps a combination.
I vote for a combination of all three, and in spades.

Our son lives by himself in an appartment. He was down to 4 rolls of toilet paper so went to the store to get a package of new rolls.
He tried 4 supermarkets and 3 regular stores, they were all out. So he picked up a few rolls from us. I'm sure in a few days the stores will be restocked and then because a lot of people's garages are full of spare WC rolls it will become a slow moving item :loco:

Pelorus

It is much the same here. I think there is a fair bit of fear in this. We have had some nasty incidents in local supermarkets - staff abused and assaulted. People are now travelling to towns outside of Melbourne and cleaning out the only supermarket in town - like a plague of locusts.

This is unknown territory, let's not let our fear and anxiety overcome our humanity.

Stay safe friends.

I vote for a combination of all three, and in spades.

Our son lives by himself in an appartment. He was down to 4 rolls of toilet paper so went to the store to get a package of new rolls.
He tried 4 supermarkets and 3 regular stores, they were all out. So he picked up a few rolls from us. I'm sure in a few days the stores will be restocked and then because a lot of people's garages are full of spare WC rolls it will become a slow moving item :loco:

Shashin

XF10, three images (not stitched)

This is the Willard Hotel in Washington DC. This was the site of the last negotiations among States to prevent the Civil War. It also hosted the first diplomatic delegation from Japan.

biglouis

One I baked earlier this afternoon using the trusty X-T3 and 100-400. Cooked in the new version 2.0.1 release of Topaz AI Sharpener using the 'stabilise' function and it crisped up nicely.

darr

Green Anole

X-Pro3 + XC50-230/4.5-6.7

--

I am just hanging around the house listening to the birds and the lizards. :)
Green anoles are the friendliest lizards, certainly friendlier than the ones I grew-up with in Topanga.
Life in North Florida has been quiet. Bought supplies weeks before it all hit the news.
No need to go anywhere except for walks on the property, but cabin fever is slowly setting in.
Hope everyone and your loved ones are doing well.

Kind regards,
Darr

darr

XF10, three images (not stitched)

This is the Willard Hotel in Washington DC. This was the site of the last negotiations among States to prevent the Civil War. It also hosted the first diplomatic delegation from Japan.
:clap:

MGrayson

One I baked earlier this afternoon using the trusty X-T3 and 100-400. Cooked in the new version 2.0.1 release of Topaz AI Sharpener using the 'stabilise' function and it crisped up nicely.

Magnificent!

I've become a huge fan of the latest Topaz Sharpener and GigaPixel. The key with the former is to apply the sharpening locally. An actually OOF part of the image - hair or branches - looks very weird if when artificially sharpened.

As for speed, the latest version is much faster than the previous. I don't know how much settings of CPU vs GPU matter, or even if that is a choice. But even with GFX 100 raw files on my laptop, it isn't miserable.

Matt

biglouis

Magnificent!

I've become a huge fan of the latest Topaz Sharpener and GigaPixel. The key with the former is to apply the sharpening locally. An actually OOF part of the image - hair or branches - looks very weird if when artificially sharpened.

As for speed, the latest version is much faster than the previous. I don't know how much settings of CPU vs GPU matter, or even if that is a choice. But even with GFX 100 raw files on my laptop, it isn't miserable.

Matt
Completely agree and today I also tried out the layer mode to sharpen only the part of the image that required it. Like all sharpeners you cannot retrieve an unfocused image but you can adjust the some softness in this case caused by the speed of the bird and the fact that I was hand holding rather than using my gimbal.