The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

biglouis

Magpie, X-T3, 100-400, iso10000, 1/2500, f6.4, 320mm
Once again, I am incredibly impressed with the noise reduction abilities of Topaz Denois AI. I have no association with the company but it is the first piece of software for digital processing I've been impressed with for a long time.

darr

Window Gazing

X-Pro3 + XC 50-230/4.5-6.7

--

My kitties enjoy looking out windows, especially at me. Here is Joey keeping an eye on me. :D

Cabin fever is setting in. I make sure to get my 20 minutes of sun each day, and even tho I am part time retired,
I still need to fulfill orders and ship for my part time business. Wishing everyone good health, mental and physical.
We will get through this together!

Kind regards,
Darr

darr

Salt-Marsh Caterpillar

X-Pro3 + XC 50-230/4.5-6.7

--

When I was a young girl, I use to drive my three sisters nuts with all my critters.
Somehow, they were never as fascinated as I was with nature.
That's where using a camera became a cool tool to me.

I have been using the XPro3 for a few months now, not a lot of heavy shooting, but I do enjoy it.
The only zoom I have for it, I bought bc it was lightweight. Rented almost all the zooms and found them to be heavy.
The XC 50-230/4.5-6.7 is lightweight, easy to handle, and for walkarounds it does me well.

I recently picked up a used 18-55 and not crazy about how the camera controls the lens.
Fuji gave us back the aperture ring and now this lens does not have one. :cry:
Both zoom lenses and the X-Pro3 in my Slingshot 150 AW will make a great little walkaround kit once I can get out and explore again.
Until then, all the lovely critters on my property help keep me sane. :ROTFL:

Stay safe, find peace amidst the chaos, and keep your spirit up,
Darr

biglouis

Lockdown back garden bird/wildlife photography - all X-T3, first two 100-400, last one XF80/2.8.

The biggest revelation of the lockdown is that our local fox, who I always assumed was male, turned up heavy with milk showing that I was wrong. She did disappear which indicates she has had her litter and she is also a lot more aggressive towards our cats at present. We are making sure she is well fed.

Last edited:

jeffnesh

Re: Salt-Marsh Caterpillar

I recently picked up a used 18-55 and not crazy about how the camera controls the lens.
Fuji gave us back the aperture ring and now this lens does not have one. :cry:

Hmm... My 18-55mm does have an aperture ring? It's not marked. It's right 'in front' (between mount and zoom scale) of the zoom scale. There's a little switch beside the OIS switch with a circular aperture icon and an 'A'. When switch is set to the circle icon, the unmarked ring adjusts aperture.

Wonderful caterpillar shot! I like the treatment you've done with this and the lizards :)

-Jeff​

biglouis

PINK SUPERMOON OVER CAMDEN TOWN ROOFTOPS
Taken just after moon rise, last night. I was actually after birds flying in front of the full moon but got none. I thought there was a problem with my white balance when I looked at the photos on the computer then this morning the BBC news website showed photographs of the so-called 'Pink Supermoon' seen in the UK.
X-T3, 100-400.

darr

Re: Salt-Marsh Caterpillar

Hmm... My 18-55mm does have an aperture ring? It's not marked. It's right 'in front' (between mount and zoom scale) of the zoom scale. There's a little switch beside the OIS switch with a circular aperture icon and an 'A'. When switch is set to the circle icon, the unmarked ring adjusts aperture.

Wonderful caterpillar shot! I like the treatment you've done with this and the lizards :)

-Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I will check it out.

Have only used the 18-55mm lens twice, and have not spent any time devoted to learning it.
When I bought it (unseen and used), I thought it would be like all my other Fuji lenses, but it is a bit different.
Always been an aperture-priority shooter and the Fuji workflow fits me well.

Kind regards,
Darr