The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

biglouis

From my lockdown walk today (we are two days into our second 3-week period).

One is only supposed to be outside for the purposes of exercise and photography is not exactly consistent with that. However, I don't know how others in the forum are coping but I really miss using my favourite cameras and especially lenses. So today I mounted up the XF16/1.4 on my X-T3 and decided to capture whatever I came across.

My goodness this is a sharp and colourful lens stopped down. Especially combined with the X-T3 sensor and (in some cases) the Velvia preset, applied in post to the RAW file. It is the first lens with the X-T3 which is actually better than my GRIII with its 28mm equivalent lens (and if you follow my musings in the 'other' section you will know how much I think of the GRIII).

Homeless at Camden Road

Great lens for flower shots!

Sharp for trainspotting.

Wide angle bokeh king I

Wide angle bokeh king II

Heavy freight

scho

I come to this little strip mall for two reasons. First is to buy wine at the liquor store, which I did today. The man with baseball hat also wanted to do the same but he was not allowed to enter the store because he didn't have a mask. Second reason is to get my hair cut, but that will no longer be possible. I may have to borrow one of my wife's hair bands for a pony tail.
Images below from the Fuji X100V.

scho

A few hand held snaps in the garden with the X100V + WCL-X100 II (converts lens to equiv. 28mm).

Sugar maple and myrtle

Hacquetia

Daffodils

Lenten Rose

Pelorus

Like you Louis, I think this is a fabulous lens...every time I put it on a camera I curse its size...then I see the captures...

We are also only supposed to go out for 4 reasons - essential food shopping, medical or compassionate reasons, work or study, exercise. I normally tote a camera on my exercise so I'm treating this period no different...:D

From my lockdown walk today (we are two days into our second 3-week period).

One is only supposed to be outside for the purposes of exercise and photography is not exactly consistent with that. However, I don't know how others in the forum are coping but I really miss using my favourite cameras and especially lenses. So today I mounted up the XF16/1.4 on my X-T3 and decided to capture whatever I came across.

My goodness this is a sharp and colourful lens stopped down. Especially combined with the X-T3 sensor and (in some cases) the Velvia preset, applied in post to the RAW file. It is the first lens with the X-T3 which is actually better than my GRIII with its 28mm equivalent lens (and if you follow my musings in the 'other' section you will know how much I think of the GRIII).

scho

An elderly couple found a relatively secluded spot to rest and enjoy nature at the arboretum.

X100V

scho

Three snaps from a walk along Cayuga Inlet at the farmers market. Second is OOC B&W set for Acros + Yellow filter. X100V

scho

Just received the Fujifilm teleconverter for the X100V (TCL-X100 II) that converts the 23mm lens to 33mm (equiv. 50mm). I already had the WCL that I used previously on my X100F. Sold the X100F and kept the WCL that gives a 28mm equiv focal length on the X100V. Here are a few quick hand held snaps with the TCL on the X100V, all shot wide open at f/2.0. Two shots of indoor house plants and a couple through windows of outdoor plants.
First here is the X100V with TCL attached:

Last edited:

scho

A couple of panos and a little beach plant taken on a stroll along north bay at Taughannock Point on Cayuga Lake. X100V. The structure on the east shore horizon (visible in the larger view of second image below) is the Miliken Station coal fired power plant that uses deep lake water for cooling.

biglouis

I'm having fun with the X-T3 and XF 80/2.8. I'm able to get close enough to these animals to be able to use it, especially as the best time to capture them is around dusk when the light levels are very low.