The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Got out of the city to Mohonk Mountain House. Outdoor seating, masks, but a lovely place.

Getting bright lights to stand out at dusk is hard. They just blow out. After several unsatisfying attempts, I went inside and looked back through the screen door. Voilà! Star filter.
Fuji X-H1, 55-100

Matt

Last edited:

JoelM

With those arms, I can't see how he possibly put that on.

Will he remove it before he eats?

Joel

Shashin

With those arms, I can't see how he possibly put that on.

Will he remove it before he eats?

Joel
So, perhaps it was not a meteor that killed the dinosaurs, just ill adapted limbs...there is more to evolution than meets the eye.

scho

Not unusual, but much more common to see this in both small and large waterbodies around here in the past few years.

Fuji X100V

scho

The Fuji focus bracketing in the X100V and the XT series works well, but I wish that they would add in camera compositing. I'm currently using Zerene for focus stacking and it does a great job, but you still have to deal with the multiple image files. I use Arsenal on a Canon EOS R, but while the stacking works well it can only output low res jpegs.

Teesdale
Stacked from 5 images...

AlanS

but I wish that they would add in camera compositing
That's a fair point Carl, would cut out a lot of work but we would be at the mercy of the s/w to deal with movement/artifacts.
I am pleased they have now given us a sensible method of working with "auto", surely this is the most common sense way of implementing this feature?

scho

That's a fair point Carl, would cut out a lot of work but we would be at the mercy of the s/w to deal with movement/artifacts.
I am pleased they have now given us a sensible method of working with "auto", surely this is the most common sense way of implementing this feature?
I agree Alan, the AUTO stacking feature is a big plus. I have recently been using my iPad Pro for a lot of photo import and processing and found that Affinity Photo for iPad has a very nice focus stacking feature. Did a quick little desktop test with the X100V on a small tripod, set to shoot highest quality jpegs and used the auto focus bracket mode to shoot a couple of rolls of 120 film a few inches apart. Used aperture of f/4 and the camera took 29 shots of the simple scene. I imported the shots directly onto my iPad into an album in the Apple Photos app, opened the Affinity Photo stacking app, imported the jpegs, and let it do its thing. Took just a few seconds to auto align and stack the images and the resulting composite was saved. Very neat and quick workflow.