The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

AlanS

I use both Affinity and Helicon focus to stack tiffs from darktable, then bin the tiffs. It's very quick and easy and so far very reliable. Will use it on my GFX50s next time out.
(Mmmmm Acros)!

scho

Here is one more taken on my deck. First focus point was the blossom on the oxalis plant and second was the farthest plant on the bench. Took 27 shots and all were imported by wifi directly into Photos album on my iPad and from there into Affinity focus merge stack. Exported the merged image into Joe's Frameshop script in Photoshop to finish the image for web export.

Shashin

Alan, have you used the built-in neutral density filter in the X100V? If so, how is it for long exposure landscapes?

AlanS

Yes I have Will, see the two pics above with moving water. It seems fine to me but I have only used it a few times. (used a polariser with all the last lot of pics as well).

rayyan

Thanks a lot friends :)

All I have currently are my photo archives! My doctors tell me I am a high risk person and not to ( even ) venture out of my house. I have not done so since February 2020!!

Fuji X-T1, 35/1.4, Alienskin Blowup.
Beijing.

scho

Thanks a lot friends :)

All I have currently are my photo archives! My doctors tell me I am a high risk person and not to ( even ) venture out of my house. I have not done so since February 2020!!
Stay put Ray! I know how you feel. I am relatively healthy, but at age 83 I'm also in the high risk category. Pretty quiet currently in tiny town Ithaca, NY but soon there will be a huge influx of college students coming from all over the world and I expect the local covid19 infection rate to really jump up.

Shashin

Rayyan, scho, and other GetDPIers, take care and stay safe. This virus is nothing to be trifled with and it will be hard to identify who or what will infect you. And even if you survive, this infection can have side effects.

scho

We went for a short walk at upper buttermilk gorge. The walk was short because the trails were full of early return, inebriated students (no masks, no social distancing) --sigh, so it begins again after a brief respite. The students come back early to secure off campus housing (and more importantly to party). So back to the images. Just two from the X100V, tripod mounted focus bracket shots (8-9 each). Shot as fine jpegs and WIFI imported to Photos on iPadPro. Transferred to Affinity for iPad focus merge module and stacked. Exported as tiffs to LR for processing and export to web. Both scenes have uncorrected ghosting. I should have used faster shutter speed, but again (senior moment) forgot to turn off ND filter that was still on from another shoot at a nearby stream.

A shady picnic spot under some old hemlocks near the upper buttermilk creek park entrance.

Hayfield above the gorge.

rayyan

Carl, Will and all folks at the forum, do take care. Don't act macho with this virus...it will just kill you and move on!!

We pray that all stay well and safe.

Stay put Ray! I know how you feel. I am relatively healthy, but at age 83 I'm also in the high risk category. Pretty quiet currently in tiny town Ithaca, NY but soon there will be a huge influx of college students coming from all over the world and I expect the local covid19 infection rate to really jump up.
Rayyan, scho, and other GetDPIers, take care and stay safe. This virus is nothing to be trifled with and it will be hard to identify who or what will infect you. And even if you survive, this infection can have side effects.

scho

There was some minor storm damage to the dock and market pavillion last night from a line of T-storms associated with a weak cold front.

Fujifilm X100V focus stacks

scho

Cornell arboretum ponds area re-opened today to the public. Four images from a walk around the ponds with the X100V. All shot raw at f/5.6 in auto, focus bracket mode, processed in LR with Adobe landscape color model and exported tif files to Zerene for stacking and output as tiffs. Stacked images were generated from 3 to 5 shots each.

rayyan

A walk not far from the valley where the PRC and INDIAN troops had a skirmish quite recently.

She is between 3500-4000 mts above sea level.

A area where three mountain ranges meet...the Himalayas, the Karakoram range, and the Hindu Kush.

Three borders: PRC, Pakistan, India.

1500 kms roughly southwest by the old Silk Road lies the Khyber Pass.
501 kms by air to Peshawar from nearest air strip, in a town about 200 kms below.

XT-3, XF 18-55
Archives.