Site Sponsors

Thread: 3rd party batteries

Post Thanks / Like

3rd party batteries

My advice is: be careful ! Some of them are too thick and whilst they slide in ok, albeit a little tightly, you may find that they don't slide out again so readily!!

Lee
    Last edited by Sapphie; 23rd April 2012 at 01:20. Reason: changed don't to 'be careful'
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: 3rd party batteries

Lee, If you a bit more specific (name them), it would be more useful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have one that I bought in Australia and it is great. I also have an extra charger which works on either 240 or 12 volt. The real warning is be careful where you buy. Here is the guy that I buy from: Digital Camera Battery - Batteries 400 Day Money Back Guaranteed

I had trouble with a V Lux battery a while back as the camera would not accept it. They took it back, sorted the problem out and then sent me a replacement that works well.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    www.jeff-grant.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Lee, If you a bit more specific (name them), it would be more useful.
    Vivek

Yes, sorry, you are right. It was one from amazon UK affiliated seller. I have contacted them and they have offered a replacement/refund. I may try another or just stick with OEM, it was just that I eventually realised that the copy I had was thicker than the OEM and, whilst it went in ok, I gave myself a fright getting it out as it would not pop out easily and I had to hold the spring loaded catch down with a paper clip and shake the camera a little for the battery to come out enough for me to slide it out again!

So, I scared myself. Just beware - if it seems almost too snug going in, best to stop. No point potentially damaging a battery catch on a £1400 body for the sake of saving £40 on a battery!

Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphie View Post
    My advice is: be careful ! Some of them are too thick and whilst they slide in ok, albeit a little tightly, you may find that they don't slide out again so readily!!

Lee
    Yes I bought one and it was a little too thick so it was at first a bit complicated to slide it out.

The fat battery is this one.
    NP-W126 NPW126 Battery for Fujifilm FinePix X-Pro1 HS30 EXR | eBay

Markus

Hähnel announced a aftermarket battery and they usually deliver high quality stuff.

http://www.amazon.de/H%C3%A4hnel-HL-...7&sr=1-1-fkmr1

Markus

Received two Hähnel batteries yesterday and they fit perfectly - no differences to the original batteries.