The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X-Pro 1 FW update is available

tom in mpls

I just received my second hand XP1. Ver. 1.01 is installed in the lenses and the body. I get terrible lens chatter when I focus with the OVF, but no chatter at all using the EVF or the LCD. Any ideas? This is quite dismaying. It also chatters when I power up or power down.

Last edited:

Jolly

Is the firmware of the 35/1.4 updated ?

If not, you should and the lens chattering should disappear.

johnnygoesdigital

I've recently purchased the Xpro 1 too, and I love it...I think. The lens chatter will most certainly use more battery. I'll try the FW download, but apparently, if you set it to power save mode and OVF only it stops (chattering). My question is, can the raw file converter allow use of my raw only files on aperture, lightroom, or ACR? How do I get my raw images into lightroom 3.6?

My question is, can the raw file converter allow use of my raw only files on aperture, lightroom, or ACR? How do I get my raw images into lightroom 3.6?
At present Aperture, ACR and Lightroom do not have support for the X1-Pro raw files which are officially supported only by Silkpix and by Raw File Converter which is a version of Silkpix bundled with the X1-Pro.
You can import into LR only the jpg's (if you choose to shoot raw+jpg) and the TIF's obtained by developing the raw files with Silkpix (or by other raw converters).
There are alternatives to Silkpix, such as RPP and DcRaw, but they are still in beta, and Photo Raw for iPad and iPhone only.
An other possibility is to shoot raw+jpg, transfer/copy both to your desktop, import into LR the jpg's only and leave the raw's for future development when LR and ACR will eventually provide the support.
Most probably you will have to upgrade to LR4 or use the free DNG converter if you want to stay with LR3.

woodyspedden

Is the firmware of the 35/1.4 updated ?

If not, you should and the lens chattering should disappear.
Hey Jolly

I downloaded and installed the new firmware but the update seemed to be for the body only. When I tried to update the lens it said no lens update was available. Is there a different place to find the lens software?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Woody