Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RPP supports XP1

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RPP supports XP1

Quote Originally Posted by Braeside View Post
    You could try PhotoSync App which transfers wirelessly between iPhone/iPad/Mac.
    Also tried Sandy's PhotoRaw last night on iPad 3 and it did a good job, though pretty slow doing the initial conversion as expected. It is useful for the occasional Raw shot I may want to process on the iPad but wouldn't be part of my main workflow.

Sandy, how about a Mac version of PhotoRaw? - You wouldn't have the same constraints in terms of speed and memory.
    David,

Interesting thought, but too much competition on the Mac - on the commercial side you have Lightroom, Aperture, SILKYPIX and C1, etc, and open source/free side there's already RPP, RawTherapee, etc

Just no room for yet another player.

Sandy

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

You could try PhotoSync App which transfers wirelessly between iPhone/iPad/Mac.
    Also tried Sandy's PhotoRaw last night on iPad 3 and it did a good job, though pretty slow doing the initial conversion as expected. It is useful for the occasional Raw shot I may want to process on the iPad but wouldn't be part of my main workflow.

Sandy, how about a Mac version of PhotoRaw? - You wouldn't have the same constraints in terms of speed and memory.
    Thanks David. I tried PhotoSync, but same problem with my network. The only reliable pipeline I have from the iPhone to my computer is via Photo Stream which works well with jpegs. I just save a PhotoRaw processed image as a jpeg on the iPhone and it instantly shows up on my computer in the Aperture Photo Stream library.
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Carl, I think Photostream downscales or limits the size of photos doesn't it? Sorry to hear that PhotoStream did not work out for you.
    David Anderson

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Carl, I think Photostream downscales or limits the size of photos doesn't it? Sorry to hear that PhotoStream did not work out for you.
    David,

No, I exported full size jpegs from PhotoRaw and they showed up in Aperture's Photo Stream library with no re-sizing. I can still use PhotoSync for sending raw files to my iPhone for processing with PhotoRaw and it is quite fast.
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Very good Carl, I must be getting mixed up with PhotoStream, possibly it is when you look at a PhotoStream on an iOS device that they get resized, but not the other way round.
    David Anderson

Post Thanks / Like

I made a comparison between RPP (2/3 and VNG interpolation options) and Raw File Converter (the Silkpix version bundled with X1-Pro) using an hand held shot done with the Fujinon 35/1.4 and my own test panel.
    The file was developed with zero sharpening in any case and than sharpened in CS6 with Smart Sharpen with default parameters. The file interpolated with the 2/3 option was previously upsized in CS6.
    Attached are approx 100% crops in the following order 2/3, VNG, Silkpix.
    I note the following:
    -VNG is in my opinion the best option among the three in terms of preserved details
    -Silkpix has removed somehow the moirč which was present in the original file (see the spring in the middle)
    - The file developed by Silkpix is a bit smaller, probably because of some distortion correction done in background.
    -The in-camera white balance is interpreted by the two raw developers in a different way.

[IMG]
    ARI_20120522_144212DTP-2.jpg di Ario Arioldi, su Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]
    ARI_20120522_144212VP-2.jpg di Ario Arioldi, su Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]
    ARI_20120522_144212SSP-2.jpg di Ario Arioldi, su Flickr[/IMG]