The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New X100 wide angle adapter for 28mm

Terry

This looks interesting.....

The FUJIFILM WCL-X100, a wide conversion lens made in Japan and designed specifically for the award winning FUJIFILM X100, attaches directly onto the camera and increases picture taking versatility by multiplying the fixed focal length by 0.8x, converting it from 23mm (35mm equivalent) fixed focal length to a 19mm wide angle (28mm equivalent). The WCL-X100 delivers superb optical quality and maximizes versatility of the FUJIFILM X100 by ensuring comparable image quality even at the f/2 wide aperture setting, all while retaining all the original optical characteristics, including the attractive bokeh effect.

The FUJIFILM WCL-X100’s optical construction uses four premium glass elements in three groups to keep aberrations minimal, and also employs the unique FUJINON Super EBC (Electron Beam Coating) for outstanding results.

Fujifilm creates wide-angle adapter and firmware v1.3 for X100: Digital Photography Review

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Nice option. Personally I'd have preferred going to a 24mm equivalent but I can see the utility for some of having the camera as a full time 28mm vs 35mm.

Ditto on a longer adapter. Those two with the X100 would make a great lightweight high quality travel option.

Millsart

Don't think a tele conversion lens is physically possible for such a wide angle 23mm lens like the X100 has

This WLC seems nice, though a bit pricey as its about 6-7x what a Nikon WC68 cost and I'd dare say even at an equal cost, getting a 24mm equiv FoV is far more practical than a 28mm FoV.

Lets face it, does anyone usually go out with a 28mm and a 35mm lens in the bag at the same time ? Sort of pretty similar focal lengths IMHO

I would of liked to see Fuji had made this turn the X100 into something like a 21mm eqiv FoV. Now that would make for a sweet two lens camera combo of 21 and 35mm and be worth carrying.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Agreed. I suspect that the thought is that you'd probably be a 35mm OR 28mm shooter.

My M9 go to outfit was 21/1.4, 35/1.4 & 90/2.8 - wonderful combo.