Site Sponsors

Thread: Xpro and LR

Post Thanks / Like

Xpro and LR

In Sean Reids latest article on Reid Reviews he notes than the processing of the Xpro's images was done from raw using a beta of LR4. Hopefully we will see a public beta soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Xpro and LR

The ACR beta has been heavily criticized at dpreview. Did Sean get good results with the LR4? Specifically, are converted RAW images superior to the jpgs?

Post Thanks / Like

The ACR beta was probably earlier than the LR beta. I didn't see any direct comparison between raws and jpegs but they looked good compared to the M9 and X100 shots. Ultimately until we have it ourselves to compare our own files it is vey hard to tell.

Post Thanks / Like

I take it, then, that Sean seemed pleased with it. I hope in it's final version that it's a winner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As I have just upgraded my PS CS5 to CS6 and today I am pleased that Adobe Raw now supports the XPro1 in final production form.
    Whilst I have only converted a few RAF files so far to Tiff format, I have to say they look very good to me! Equally as good as C1Pro converts my X100 RAF files in fact, but with better resolution.

I never did put Silkypix on my Mac, so I have nothing else to compare with at the moment.

Frankly the out of camera Jpeg's are so good that I really wonder why I bothered!
    Cheers, Dave
    www.simmondsphotography.com