The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Xpro and LR

TimWright

In Sean Reids latest article on Reid Reviews he notes than the processing of the Xpro's images was done from raw using a beta of LR4. Hopefully we will see a public beta soon.

tom in mpls

The ACR beta has been heavily criticized at dpreview. Did Sean get good results with the LR4? Specifically, are converted RAW images superior to the jpgs?

TimWright

The ACR beta was probably earlier than the LR beta. I didn't see any direct comparison between raws and jpegs but they looked good compared to the M9 and X100 shots. Ultimately until we have it ourselves to compare our own files it is vey hard to tell.

dhsimmonds

As I have just upgraded my PS CS5 to CS6 and today I am pleased that Adobe Raw now supports the XPro1 in final production form. :thumbs:
Whilst I have only converted a few RAF files so far to Tiff format, I have to say they look very good to me! Equally as good as C1Pro converts my X100 RAF files in fact, but with better resolution.

I never did put Silkypix on my Mac, so I have nothing else to compare with at the moment.

Frankly the out of camera Jpeg's are so good that I really wonder why I bothered! :D