Site Sponsors

Thread: Manual Focus for Xpro1

Post Thanks / Like

Manual Focus for Xpro1

Hi all,
    I am new to Xpro1 and I just got a M to FX lens adaper. I am wondering how can I enlarge the screen for manual focus with my M lens ? Which button should I use to make it in zoom in mode for better manual focusing ?

Thanks in advance..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Manual Focus for Xpro1

Quote Originally Posted by oris98 View Post
    Hi all,
    I am new to Xpro1 and I just got a M to FX lens adaper. I am wondering how can I enlarge the screen for manual focus with my M lens ? Which button should I use to make it in zoom in mode for better manual focusing ?

Thanks in advance..
    In manual focus mode you have to press the center of the command dial.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the center command dial (menu) button and it just only bring up the main menu, not the magnification of the image. I confirmed that I press the menu button when I have the front switch turned to the M (for manual focus mode). Did I use the wrong button or there are some other settings that I need to enable first ? I tried it on the VC 15mm and Leica 90mm F2.8 with the same result..

Also, in the menu focus mode, I assuming that I cannot use the optical view finder as there is no focusing assistant at all right ?

Thanks again..

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the center command dial (menu) button and it just only bring up the main menu, not the magnification of the image. I confirmed that I press the menu button when I have the front switch turned to the M (for manual focus mode). Did I use the wrong button or there are some other settings that I need to enable first ? I tried it on the VC 15mm and Leica 90mm F2.8 with the same result..

Also, in the menu focus mode, I assuming that I cannot use the optical view finder as there is no focusing assistant at all right ?

Thanks again..
    You can frame and compose your image in the OVF (MF mode) and then push in on the center of the Command Dial (small dial just to the right of the playback button) to get a magnified view for focusing in the EVF.
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the center command dial (menu) button and it just only bring up the main menu, not the magnification of the image.

Thanks again..
    You have pressed a wrong button, the command dial is the small wheel placed above and to the right of upper right corner of the LCD screen.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much ! It works ...