The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Manual Focus for Xpro1

oris98

Hi all,
I am new to Xpro1 and I just got a M to FX lens adaper. I am wondering how can I enlarge the screen for manual focus with my M lens ? Which button should I use to make it in zoom in mode for better manual focusing ?

Thanks in advance.. :)

Hi all,
I am new to Xpro1 and I just got a M to FX lens adaper. I am wondering how can I enlarge the screen for manual focus with my M lens ? Which button should I use to make it in zoom in mode for better manual focusing ?

Thanks in advance.. :)
In manual focus mode you have to press the center of the command dial.

oris98

I tried the center command dial (menu) button and it just only bring up the main menu, not the magnification of the image. I confirmed that I press the menu button when I have the front switch turned to the M (for manual focus mode). Did I use the wrong button or there are some other settings that I need to enable first ? I tried it on the VC 15mm and Leica 90mm F2.8 with the same result..

Also, in the menu focus mode, I assuming that I cannot use the optical view finder as there is no focusing assistant at all right ?

Thanks again..

scho

I tried the center command dial (menu) button and it just only bring up the main menu, not the magnification of the image. I confirmed that I press the menu button when I have the front switch turned to the M (for manual focus mode). Did I use the wrong button or there are some other settings that I need to enable first ? I tried it on the VC 15mm and Leica 90mm F2.8 with the same result..

Also, in the menu focus mode, I assuming that I cannot use the optical view finder as there is no focusing assistant at all right ?

Thanks again..
You can frame and compose your image in the OVF (MF mode) and then push in on the center of the Command Dial (small dial just to the right of the playback button) to get a magnified view for focusing in the EVF.

I tried the center command dial (menu) button and it just only bring up the main menu, not the magnification of the image.

Thanks again..
You have pressed a wrong button, the command dial is the small wheel placed above and to the right of upper right corner of the LCD screen.