The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji gx 680

geronimo13

HI!

I just purchased a fuji gx 680 from ebay and I love it!

3 questions though. does the IIIN holder workd for version 1?

And how do i change the viewfinder? I bought an angle viewfinder but cant get the waist level viewfinder out.

And is there any onter matte screens besides the original. Looking for one with a split screen.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've just had mine for a short time so far, and it's a version III, so my knowledge is limited when it comes to version I, but:

To remove the viewfinder, push down the two small, gray buttons on each side of the finder and slide the finder slightly forward. You really need three hands to do this, so have the camera on a table or something, not on a tripod, in case the viewfinder slips.

As far as I know, the IIIN holder works on all body, but you'll only get full functionality with it on the III and IIIs bodies.

I seem to remember that there are other matt screen available, including split prism, but don't take my word for it. I'll post a couple of links with more info in a while.

The real expertise on the GX680 on this forum is Fred (FredBGG) who has been using the GX680 for 20 years or so, but I haven't seen him active lately. Also, this thread really belongs in the Medium Format forum, so maybe an idea to have the mods move it there.

Apart from that, the GX680 is an absolute amazing camera, and even if I'm still learning, I enjoy mine a lot.

Edit: Yes, the IIIn holder can be used on any model of camera body.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I can see the buttons in both of the photos. They are gray, oval shaped and on top of the camera next to the viewfinder rather far forward.