The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Voigtlander 12/5.6 on X-Pro1

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Seriously considering grabbing this for use with the M adapter. Anyone tried it?

Also hoping that the new 14mm adds a viable super wide too.

GrahamWelland

Thanks folks - any vignette / colour cast issues or does the Fuji M adapter allow for in-camera corrections?

scifitographer

i've got a cheap $25 adapter. don't notice any color casts or vignettes, but i think the crop sensor takes care of any vignette or corner sharpness issues.

smcclelland

Works great for me with the Fuji adapter. No colour cast issues just needed to dial in some pincushion adjustments. First two were shot at f5.6 last one at f16.

GrahamWelland

OMG - I received my 12/5.6 and Rayqual adapter this week and in the couple of days of test shooting I can only say that I'm thoroughly impressed with this lens on the Fuji! I'll post some pics soon to explain why but basically this is almost the ultimate set and forget wide P&S lens on this camera. No need to focus - I just set it to 2 or 3m and leave it there @ f/5.6 or f/8 for basically toes to infinity hyper focus.

Recommended :thumbs:

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
This is one of the few CV lenses I still have, and I am thinking now I will keep it; on the GXR, was exceptionally sharp, and I an sure it will be on the forthcoming X-E1, too.

Great to hear; it is a tiny lens, too, and will fit on this new Fuji body perfectly. Thanks for your note, and I look forward to the pics!

GrahamWelland

Kit - will do.

I'm still keeping my 14mm order. At this end of the lens spectrum there's still a significant difference between 12mm and 14mm so room for both in the bag.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Understand completely; I will use the 12/5.6 in the meantime and get the 27/2.8 when it is released; perfect on this body and my favourite FL. I will definitely get the 60/2.4, too.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Can someone remind me of the advantages of the Fuji adapter over (say) the Photodiox one for manual CV/Leica lenses?

scifitographer

well my cheap $25 adapter had the screws come loose. after a bit of glue and some time with the screwdriver it's working again. for the price i hope the fuji adapter doesn't do that.

but i think the fuji adapter automatically turns on the shoot without lens mode. and there's a button on the side for some setting..not sure which one..

smcclelland

The button on the side pulls up the Lens Profile menu which is handy if you've got a new lens you're attaching and want to dial in the settings without going through the usual camera button presses.

Aside from that it's mostly just the build quality I find as the Fuji is an all metal build that feels solid and everything has a strong 'click' and locks into place. My only gripe seems to be that the adapter doesn't communicate the aperture settings so I have to jot down or remember what settings I used for a shot when processing.

Can someone remind me of the advantages of the Fuji adapter over (say) the Photodiox one for manual CV/Leica lenses?
-The Fuji adapter allow automatic switch to the "shoot without lens allowed" mode (not a big deal since you can let it on all the time)
-With the Fuji adapter you can store specific lens corrections (peripheral illumination, color shading and distortion) which will affect the jpeg files only.
Nothing else as far as I remember.