Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Fuji X-E1 for Photokina?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: New Fuji X-E1 for Photokina?

Thanks Graham. I posted the question on the Tt Support Forums. Hopefully it will get some traction.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post
    Seriously considering dropping the NEX and Micro 4/3 cameras and moving to the Fuji X system. It seems like they are able to do in less than a year what Sony hasn't done in nearly 3 years with the NEX system - provide a good base of native lenses. They both have M-mount adapters as well. Gonna wait until after Photokina though to see what Leica comes up with too.
    I've almost completed my migration from NEX and m4/3 to Fuji. Just got back from a business trip to Greece where I had to pack very light, so I went with an x100 and x10 and I'm pretty thrilled with how they behaved. Since it was mostly business I didn't have time for a day dedicated to photography, so I left the X-Pro 1 at home. Carried both Fuji's with no problems.

Will probably sell my G3 + lenses to finance an X-E1 kit. Seems like a great way to pick up the zoom AND get a second body. Will hold on to the NEX-5N for legacy glass.

I think Fuji has just nailed it with their X-series.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by etrigan63 View Post
    Thanks Graham. I posted the question on the Tt Support Forums. Hopefully it will get some traction.
    Got a reply that they do not officially support the RR-80 based interface. It uses a mini-USB plug resistors on lines 4-5 which are not used normally. I would have to either wire up a custom tip (which I am not good at) or cannibalize an RR-80 release (I may try to scrounge one up on the 'bay) for the mini-USB end. After that it's a simple matter to solder in the three resistors (12K, 39K, & 82K) and wire it to a mini-stereo plug. I just wish Radio Shack carried the resistors in their stores instead on making me mail-order them.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO