The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Firmware 2.0 out for X-Pro 1

Braeside

Also just updated body & lenses here. Have to dash out but will look forward to trying it fully soon. MF is a lot better now!

Both AF and MF are noticeably improved :clap:; I do not understand why the Auto ISO implementation has not been fixed to allow the manual selection by the user of the min. shutter speed: it is really a pity considering the very good performances of this camera at high ISO.:mad:

Jolly

It's a real great update.

Loved it !

Now I have a great camera, Xpro1 and a super tiny video cam, RX100 :)

Braeside

Something I just noticed, that may be new (or I just didn't notice it before), if you hold the Fn button for a while then the menu pops up to allow you to change the Fn button function - neat!

Installed the update for body and lenses.. works great! Love the 3X and the new manual focusing... AF much faster with the 60mm and you do not need to switch to macro mode on the body as often as you did in the past for closeup shots.

Sapphie

Allegedly (see http://www.fujix-forum.com/index.ph...-now-available/page__view__findpost__p__62935 over on x100forum.com), multi-segment metering may be more 'accurate' and the camera making better choices in auto DR mode but I can't confirm this yet.

Some peeps reckon the OVF frame lines are more accurate but they look the same to me.

Nice touch is that the little lamp no longer blinks if your eye is at the VF - great if use your left eye (as I tend to do).

Lee

Pelao

Something I just noticed, that may be new (or I just didn't notice it before), if you hold the Fn button for a while then the menu pops up to allow you to change the Fn button function - neat!
That was there before the update. I found it by accident a few weeks back.

Overall, I'm very happy with the update. I notice a significant improvement in AF speed, and I feel the AF is more 'certain' in operation.

The MF is now very nice.

Braeside

Thanks for confirming that feature was there before! I have since also read about it in the iPad app that Fuji brought out recently.

Cheers

Braeside

It will never be a good DSLR. It is now faster than it was, still limited by the motors in the lenses currently available, but that will change with the zoom. Without PD AF it will never be able to replace a DSLR for speed and tracking. Still slower than my OM-D, but perfectly adequate for most needs. It focusses in very dark conditions, like ISO 6400 f1.4 3 secs for example.

Pelao

I like to know what the AF improvements are on a scale of one to ten, if ten is being a good DSLR?

Thanks!
Depends on the DSLR, but generally slower for sure.

My first impressions after the update were based on trying the AF on various scenes around our home, inside and out. The improvement in AF (and camera operation generally) was obvious; focus was faster and lock-on appeared very certain.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon and evening wandering the city, in real-world shooting. After that experience I would say the improvement (using the 18 and 35) is a very big one. It's like a new camera. Certainly better than the 5D I used to have. I was using the OVF and SF was much quicker than I expected. What I also noticed was an increase in AF accuracy.

For my shooting the improvement is dramatic: and I was happy before the update...

ashwinrao1

I have found a dramatic improvement in real world low light shooting, with scenes lit by halogen and incandescent light, even with moving subjects....MF is a revelation as well....the camera is getting more useful for a broader range of applications, and it's gotten more predictable. I have to try out the OVF option, as it has been a while!

pophoto

Depends on the DSLR, but generally slower for sure.

My first impressions after the update were based on trying the AF on various scenes around our home, inside and out. The improvement in AF (and camera operation generally) was obvious; focus was faster and lock-on appeared very certain.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon and evening wandering the city, in real-world shooting. After that experience I would say the improvement (using the 18 and 35) is a very big one. It's like a new camera. Certainly better than the 5D I used to have. I was using the OVF and SF was much quicker than I expected. What I also noticed was an increase in AF accuracy.

For my shooting the improvement is dramatic: and I was happy before the update...
Thanks David and Pelao, it seems like a dramatic improvement, kudos to Fuji for caring, a revelation on many scales to customers!

Pelao

I have found a dramatic improvement in real world low light shooting, with scenes lit by halogen and incandescent light, even with moving subjects....MF is a revelation as well....the camera is getting more useful for a broader range of applications, and it's gotten more predictable. I have to try out the OVF option, as it has been a while!
Ashwin,

I'd love to hear how you find the OVF. personally I use it way more than the EVF, but I love having the option to switch as needed. After the update the OVF has, for my shooting, become much more precise.

Overall, this camera has worked out to be everything I hoped it would be. It's such a pleasure to use, and the quality it can deliver amazes me.

Rich M

I am in agreement with everyone's comments......it is like a new camera.....faster and more precise.

Plus, I am happy with the Fuji path forward (not to mention the upcoming Zeiss lenses).

R

Pelao

I am in agreement with everyone's comments......it is like a new camera.....faster and more precise.

Plus, I am happy with the Fuji path forward (not to mention the upcoming Zeiss lenses).

R
Right - I forgot to mention the Zeiss lenses. Nice in themselves, and a solid endorsement of the mount.