The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 over exposure possible SAB

K

Kevin_b1

Hi
Need some help to decide if this is the SAB issue or something I am doing wrong

I have attached 2 photos here, taken with-in a second of each other.

First - Very over exposed - Aperture Priority, F8 1/900 at ISO200

Second with ND on - correctly exposed - Aperture Priority, F8 1/120 at ISO200

All photos inside are fine, in semi or bright conditions seem over exposed unless I use the ND filter (All set to DR 100%)

Is this a symptom of SAB or is it me, think its me but do not want it to be SAB either so looking for help here?

Regards

Kevin

K

Kevin_b1

Just an update, the X100 has been sent in to Fuji for repair, the cost is £70 but this includes a whole new 12 month warrenty on the entire camera not just the new len's mechanism.

Paid the extra £10 for a 2 day turn around so hopefully by the end of the week my X100 will be back in my hands as good as new and no SAB to worry about.

Regards

Kevin

tbhv55

the cost is £70 but this includes a whole new 12 month warrenty on the entire camera not just the new len's mechanism.
Kevin,
Did Fuji charge for this because the warranty from new had already expired? I thought that I'd read somewhere that they were replacing SAB-affected lenses FOC regardless of warranty status, as it was a recognised manufacturing fault. When I sent mine in to Fuji UK there was no charge at all (not even carriage), but of course it was about 3-4 months old, and therefore still under warranty anyway.

At least when your x100 returns, you'll have no more worries about SAB... and you'll have a renewed warranty.:thumbup:
Tim.

T

tr7dan

I bought mine used in March (ebay) and the seller couldn't provide me with a original receipt. I had to send it in about three weeks ago with sticking aperture blades, I paid postage to send it to Fuji UK and logged it as a non warranty repair but to my surprise I received it back four days later, repaired, new lens, etc. and a note from Fuji to say they were sorry I had had problems -all at no cost to me (other than my postage to them).

Dan