The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fujifilm X-Pro1 vs. Olympus OMD E-M5

L

Landshark

.Besides the IQ of the XPro one of my favorite features is the OVF love looking through glass instead of a monitor (EVF).
As too size I find the buttons on the OMD way too soft and small.
Also the OMD does feel better with the grip but once you put it on the camera grows by a lot, worth the size when shooting with the longer lenses. Which brings me to the reason I still have my OMDs long lenses and IBIS, this is the one area where the OMD does much more than the XPro. The IBIS on the OMD is just amazing, the strongest feature and reason to buy an OMD. The gap on the wide angles is closing but the long lens option are all M4/3. True M4/3 has a better wider selection of zooms, but honestly I do not want zooms on these kinds of cameras.
Both cameras have things that fall off when I put them into their bags, The OMD the eyepiece falls off a lot when it gets caught on something in the bag, the XPro is those lens caps that fall off all the time

Braeside

LOL - yes I already lost the eyepiece rubber part for my OMD. I eventually managed to buy a replacement from Luton Cameras.

A tip, if you put the flash on the OMD then it stops the eyepiece from from coming off. However I never use the flash and it gets caught on my hat brim all the time.