Site Sponsors

Thread: Xpro1 or X-E1 for Leica M lenses?

Post Thanks / Like

Xpro1 or X-E1 for Leica M lenses?

Greetings,
    I'm thinking of getting into a mirrorless system. I have a decent collection of M lenses. Would focusing be easier with the new EVF on the X-E1? As I understand the optical VF on the Xpro1 doesn't couple so in a sense is useless. Thanks.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Xpro1 or X-E1 for Leica M lenses?

Hi there

If you're using mid to longer lenses, then either would be fine ( but you'll want to use the EVF ) if you want to use the wider lenses (wider than 35 ). Then I'd guess your better off getting a second hand M9 or wait for the M (the first full frame mirror less camera!?)

I've used Leica M and R lenses on NEX and micro 4/3( not on the Fuji, but the news seems to be the same), and most of the wider lenses don't do so well towards the edges. . . . but some bodies are better than others.

Have you considered a Ricoh GXD. with the M module? That might be a better bet as they have actually designed the sensor with M lenses in mind.

Best to do some research with your own lenses before jumping in.

I hope this is helpful

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Many thanks! I have an M9-P which I don't want to give up for a new M. I still however would like to have video capability and live view. Maybe the GXR is the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

i've got the voigtlander 12mm m mount lens and it works pretty well. manual focus is pretty easy to handle with that lens.

couple of examples with the x-pro 1 and voigtlander 12mm. click through for larger images.

website | 500px
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! Would there be an advantage to having the hybrid VF as opposed to the X-E1 OEVF? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

the ovf with the 12mm is pretty much unusable imo. evf is the only option.

Post Thanks / Like

So it's between the X-E1 and the Ricoh GXR or of course the new M. Thanks!!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I also use M-Mount (Leica and CV) on the X-Pro1, and I'm using the Fuji M-mount adapter, which allows lens corrections (if needed. Here are the instructions:. Works very well, but I've honestly found little reason to make corrections.

Contrary to what Jono suggests, I've had no problems focusing wider lenses, and most use my 28, 35, and the CV 21mm and 15mm. I've also used three different 50mm M-mount lenses on the X-Pro1, including the Nocti f1.0, as well as the 75mm, and the 90 Elmarit. All with good results.

Beth's example shots with the 12mm CV are even more telling.

I tend to use EVF, but have mounted a 21mm external VF for use with the CV 15mm a couple of times. Not really needed, but it worked.

Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks for the info! Much apprecitated!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post

Contrary to what Jono suggests, I've had no problems focusing wider lenses, and most use my 28, 35, and the CV 21mm and 15mm. I've also used three different 50mm M-mount lenses on the X-Pro1, including the Nocti f1.0, as well as the 75mm, and the 90 Elmarit. All with good results.

Beth's example shots with the 12mm CV are even more telling.

I tend to use EVF, but have mounted a 21mm external VF for use with the CV 15mm a couple of times. Not really needed, but it worked.
    Hi There Lloyd
    I wasn't referring to focusing with wide angles, but to corner resolution and colour effects - I quite agree that Beth's samples look splendid- I also have to emphasise that this is simply a reflection of what I've read - not of personal experience.

My interpretation is that none of the mirrorless cameras (of which the X-pro1 is obviously one) makes the best use of the non-telecentric M lenses, with the possible exception of the Ricoh.

I've not spent enough time with the camera to make a proper personal judgement, I'd just come to the conclusion that it was less than ideal with M lenses - perhaps I'm wrong (I usually am! ), and what little time I have spent is with an older version of the firmware.

So, Lloyd - I'll now ask you an oblique question. with the earlier firmware, focusing M lenses with optical VF was really not a viable option - is that still the case with firmware 2?

Just this guy you know
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Hi There Lloyd
    [snip]

So, Lloyd - I'll now ask you an oblique question. with the earlier firmware, focusing M lenses with optical VF was really not a viable option - is that still the case with firmware 2?
    I have used the optical VF with some of the wider lenses when I've used Zone Focus. (And in those same circumstances used the external VF.) However, I adapted fairly quickly to using the EVF, especially with the ability to zoom in to 100% for focusing (although with the wides that is not always necessary), so using the EVF is now my preference.

And, to your original point, I still think the M9/M8/MM are superior places for the M-glass to reside, but the XP1 is certainly growing on me.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to try it on the new OEVF on the X-E1!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I have used the optical VF with some of the wider lenses when I've used Zone Focus. (And in those same circumstances used the external VF.) However, I adapted fairly quickly to using the EVF, especially with the ability to zoom in to 100% for focusing (although with the wides that is not always necessary), so using the EVF is now my preference.

And, to your original point, I still think the M9/M8/MM are superior places for the M-glass to reside, but the XP1 is certainly growing on me.
    Thanks for that - I wouldn't like to be misleading people - So, is it actually possible to focus manually on somebody's eye (for instance) at 5ft with, say, a 50 M lens at f4 with the OVF? (I don't mean zone focus). I'm seriously interested here, because for me it's the OVF which defines a rangefinder type camera, and whilst I'm quite happy using an EVF . . . . I'd rather use one on an OMD or a Sony NEX 7, with very fast refresh rates, high resolution and no tearing. . . . . and after much practice I've learned that I can't be bothered using M lenses with either of these cameras - the corollary being that I wouldn't use them on an XP1 with it's less good EVF either . . .but if the IQ is good, and you can focus properly with the OVF, then that might be different!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the OVF couples with the M lens adapter for focusing. That's why I think the OEVF on the X-E1 might be a better option for M lenses.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that - I wouldn't like to be misleading people - So, is it actually possible to focus manually on somebody's eye (for instance) at 5ft with, say, a 50 M lens at f4 with the OVF? (I don't mean zone focus). I'm seriously interested here, because for me it's the OVF which defines a rangefinder type camera, and whilst I'm quite happy using an EVF . . . . I'd rather use one on an OMD or a Sony NEX 7, with very fast refresh rates, high resolution and no tearing. . . . . and after much practice I've learned that I can't be bothered using M lenses with either of these cameras - the corollary being that I wouldn't use them on an XP1 with it's less good EVF either . . .but if the IQ is good, and you can focus properly with the OVF, then that might be different!
    No, sadly not with the OVF. Only with the EVF. It works well, but it's not a rangefinder, for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I own the XPro1.. and used only an M lens for the first 2 weeks I had it.
    Using the ZM25/2.8, being relatively slow & wide, I did a lot of zone focus.
    In slow moving situations I checked focus on EVF and shot away with OVF.

In general, I do I find myself using the EVF more than I expected
    I think being w/o the OVF, and forced to use EVF 100%, I would still miss it.

Certainly look forward to improved EVFs, as while the XPro1 is one of the best EVFs I've used, I know its not state of the art anymore.

Not sure which is more or less ideal for M lenses, honestly.
    While the improved EVF of the X-E1 may make focussing a bit easier, I don't think focus is that hard on the X-Pro1 as it is. The OVF does allow one to pretend the XPro1 is a Leica when zone focussed.
    It's not going to get substantially better unless they introduce firmware features like focus peaking or other focus assistance.
    blog
    steve

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by sjg284 View Post
    I own the XPro1.. and used only an M lens for the first 2 weeks I had it.
    Using the ZM25/2.8, being relatively slow & wide, I did a lot of zone focus.
    In slow moving situations I checked focus on EVF and shot away with OVF.

In general, I do I find myself using the EVF more than I expected
    I think being w/o the OVF, and forced to use EVF 100%, I would still miss it.

Certainly look forward to improved EVFs, as while the XPro1 is one of the best EVFs I've used, I know its not state of the art anymore.

Not sure which is more or less ideal for M lenses, honestly.
    While the improved EVF of the X-E1 may make focussing a bit easier, I don't think focus is that hard on the X-Pro1 as it is. The OVF does allow one to pretend the XPro1 is a Leica when zone focussed.
    It's not going to get substantially better unless they introduce firmware features like focus peaking or other focus assistance.
    I think all this is a really interesting subject (outside of camera loyalties). There was an interesting discussion about focus overlays in optical rangefinders - but of course, registration becomes a real issue with lenses which have no electrical contacts.

I quite agree about the use of EVFs, I also use them more than expected, and going back to an optical viewfinder sometimes leaves one wanting. One thing I would say though, having used the Olympus VF2 on several different cameras, is that it's not the resolution that makes an EVF good . . . . . it's the refresh rate (OMD and latest NEX are great here) . . .and the contrast (NEX too much).

This suggests to me that the EVF on the X-E1 will not actually be very much better than the one in the Xpro-1 (at least, not based on the resolution), as, as far as I can see the refresh rate is 24fps (for instance the OMD does 60 or 120).

The Leica M has a similar refresh rate, and I guess that the VF2, will be very similar to the EVF on the Xpro-1 (it'll be interesting to see). The VF2 on the X2 however (60 fps refresh) is excellent.

On the other hand, if I were to buy into the Fuji system, I'd want the optical viewfinder - and I guess I'd end up using it for Fuji lenses rather than M lenses. I still reckon that if you must use a non-leica body for M lenses, the GXD is probably the best solution right now.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the EVF in the XE-1.

A Japanese web magazine published Fujifilm Mr. Ueno's interview.
    1. EVF is the same speed as X-Pro1 46fps. (Sony Nex 7 60fps) The reason why X-E1 is slower than Sony is X-Trans CMOS.
    2. EVF latency is less than 20ms, which should be totally acceptable.

The OMD refresh is also 60fps/120fps.

I only had the Fuji X M adaptor for a short time before returning it for a refund. At the time the firmware did not allow live previewing of the vignetting, corner colour corrections (it does now). I was also using version 1.x of the firmware which did not have the much better manual focus magnification choice that the newer software has.

I also have a Ricoh GXR A12 M mount and use that with my M lenses (ex my M8). I did a quick comparison and actually preferred the results from the GXR better than the same lenses on the X Pro 1. Corners were sharper. The Ricoh was designed for M mount lenses, the only digital camera apart from the Leica that is currently in production.

I decided that there was not a good reason to use my M mount lenses on the Fuji, when Fuji already has 3 great (AF) lenses and more in the pipeline. I have preordered the 18-55mm Zoom, to try their OIS, which is the one thing I miss when coming from the OMD to the Fuji.
    David Anderson

Post Thanks / Like

Today, over on Steve Huff's site, there's a review of the xe with a write-up on using about a half dozen Leica mount lenses. The review devotes about a parargraph on each lens so it may be worth a read.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

My M-mount lens kit is now my primary system, and it happens that I like the rendering qualities of the modern Color Skopar 21/4, 28/3.5, 35/2.5, and 50/2.5 quite a lot. Their compact size and light weight also appeal to me quite a lot too.

I use these lenses on Leica M4-2, CL, M9 and Ricoh GXR-M bodies, and tried them on NEX and Micro-FourThirds bodies. They work great on the film bodies, of course, and of these digital bodies the GXR has the best out of camera results currently. (The 21 and 28 with the M9 really need CornerFix to shine.) I've seen result with them on the Fuji sensor and was not impressed; never mind that so far I've been unimpressed with the processing options for Fuji raw files.

The GXR-M is my choice for using these and my other M-mount lenses for video until such time as I acquire the new M.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Braeside View Post
    Regarding the EVF in the XE-1.

A Japanese web magazine published Fujifilm Mr. Ueno's interview.
    1. EVF is the same speed as X-Pro1 46fps. (Sony Nex 7 60fps) The reason why X-E1 is slower than Sony is X-Trans CMOS.
    2. EVF latency is less than 20ms, which should be totally acceptable.

The OMD refresh is also 60fps/120fps.
    Thanks for your post.

This essentially points to the basic problems with the Fuji X. If, even, the camera's own processor's can not handle the output, no wonder the generic Adobe programs fail miserably. Fuji should come up with a better, faster processor, at least to make the camera responsive. One of these days I am sure they will.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Fuji are going to assist third parties like Adobe and Apple with the raw processing.

Anecdotal Evidence

I don't find the Fuji particularly unresponsive, but more processing power would always be welcomed. I'm NOT jumping to the XE-1 from the X-Pro 1 as for me there is little if anything to be gained, I'll wait and see what Fuji bring out in the future as an upgrade to X-Pro 1.
    David Anderson

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be very welcome indeed. Thanks David. I hope it comes to pass.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't know much about the OMD till now. The EVF is the best out there. Any success with M lenses? Again does the GXR win? Oops, No focus coupling. I think I answered my own question Thanks.
    Last edited by jamriman; 23rd October 2012 at 10:20.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Thanks for your post.

This essentially points to the basic problems with the Fuji X. If, even, the camera's own processor's can not handle the output, no wonder the generic Adobe programs fail miserably. Fuji should come up with a better, faster processor, at least to make the camera responsive. One of these days I am sure they will.
    I believe this discussion supports your view quite well. However it points out just how difficult it might be for any solution beyond in camera processing. The link may not work as I've had issues linking into the Fuji X forum (perhaps my iPad, it's in the Fuji X Post Production Forum/Problems raw conversion software has with the X-Pro1).

Problems RAW conversion software have with the X-Pro 1 - Fuji X Forum

I find all of this fascinating. I realize that it does nothing to improve our lot in life with respect to using the Adobe's of the world. However, I believe Fuji has opened up Pandora's box with X Trans. By freeing themselves of Bayer and moving towards in camera processing with output being some sort of super jpeg/tiff file, all camera manufacturers may have far more flexibility in improving output IQ. Might be better for the Adobe's of the world as well as they can continue to do what they do well, management and edit OOC images, as opposed to rendering however they see fit. Fuji is hardly the only example of one app doing better than another. With my very limited experience, Nikon also suffers in the hands of some rendering machines but does quite well with others.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a 3rd party M adapter (can't remember the brand) but in actual fact the only M lens I use is the Voigtlander 12mm and basically just walk around at f8 without focusing. The onscreen level is more important for wides. The 12mm is much better behaved than the 15 with regards to cyan/magenta edges.

There are of course many exceptions but personally I find myself sticking with the fuji lenses, at least in relation to the M lens lineup I have. There is just no compelling reason to use M glass over the Fuji. Fuji lenses being that good and M lenses losing characteristics as they were designed for FF.

Probably the best reason is that the focusing ring is real on an M lens and feels more natural, even with the 3x zoom on firmware 2, it doesn't inspire frequent usage, I was trying it in an aquarium and gave up, reverting to taking lots of shots using A/F, even on slow moving creatures it will drive a man insane.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jamriman View Post
    Didn't know much about the OMD till now. The EVF is the best out there. Any success with M lenses? Again does the GXR win? Oops, No focus coupling. I think I answered my own question Thanks.
    HI There . .
    Focus coupling?
    Surely none of the adapters are focus coupled - and nor do they need to be.
    Manual focusing on the OMD EVF is very easy and good - the image quality is excellent on most M lenses above 24mm. . . . . but then the Zuiko lenses are very good, and so are some of the Panasonic lenses, and they do as well as Leica lenses on the OMD, so why not take advantage of them?

I think this is the trouble - the real answer to the original question:

Is . . . . neither - really the correct answer is to use a Leica M if you want the best out of them . . . and with all these other (less than full frame) cameras produce less than stellar results . . . . Except perhaps the Ricoh, where they have made an explicit effort with their M unit.

Not to denigrate the Fuji (or the OMD or the NEX) great cameras all, just not perfect for M lenses.

Just this guy you know
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

HI There . .
    Focus coupling?
    Surely none of the adapters are focus coupled - and nor do they need to be.
    Manual focusing on the OMD EVF is very easy and good - the image quality is excellent on most M lenses above 24mm. . . . . but then the Zuiko lenses are very good, and so are some of the Panasonic lenses, and they do as well as Leica lenses on the OMD, so why not take advantage of them?

I think this is the trouble - the real answer to the original question:

Is . . . . neither - really the correct answer is to use a Leica M if you want the best out of them . . . and with all these other (less than full frame) cameras produce less than stellar results . . . . Except perhaps the Ricoh, where they have made an explicit effort with their M unit.

Not to denigrate the Fuji (or the OMD or the NEX) great cameras all, just not perfect for M lenses.
    Ahhh yes! Thanks! The perfect answer to perhaps a dumb question!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ahhh yes! Thanks! The perfect answer to perhaps a dumb question!
    if I could have a penny for every 'dumb' question I've asked. Perhaps 'hasty' would be a better word

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

and just pulled the trigger on the GXR listed right here on the forum. Thanks for helping decide on the right choice for me needs!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

and just pulled the trigger on the GXR listed right here on the forum. Thanks for helping decide on the right choice for me needs!
    Congrats on making your decision. I hope you enjoy it! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Just hoping for some guidance. I have an EOS 5D with 2 C/Y lenses with EOS adapters. I have a canon 24 1.4 FD converted to an EOS and a 55 1.2 FD which has an EOS mount which I could convert back to an FD mount. So should I trash the c/y to eos adapters and get an c/y to M adapter, or should I get a Canon EOS to M adapter and use all the lenses I have with it? I suppose an FD to M adapter has no advantage over the EOS to M adapter. Please advise. Thanks in advance!!!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Just hoping for some guidance. I have an EOS 5D with 2 C/Y lenses with EOS adapters. I have a canon 24 1.4 FD converted to an EOS and a 55 1.2 FD which has an EOS mount which I could convert back to an FD mount. So should I trash the c/y to eos adapters and get an c/y to M adapter, or should I get a Canon EOS to M adapter and use all the lenses I have with it? I suppose an FD to M adapter has no advantage over the EOS to M adapter. Please advise. Thanks in advance!!!
    You asked the same question on RFF ... thought I'd copy my answer here too.

The issue that comes up with stacking multiple adapters has to do with the variations in how well the adapters fit each other to properly center and align the lens. Each coupling adds the possibility of something being slightly off, and the potential for misalignment. I've also found variations in fit between different lenses and different brands of M-mount adapters.

So the economical thing to do is to buy an adapter to allow all your lenses modified to mount on Canon EOS mount to be fitted to the GXR. But the best thing to do is to obtain a mount adapter for each lens native mount to fit it to M-mount.

Somewhere in between is probably the practical thing to do: buy a dedicated, high quality mount for each of the lenses that you'll be using most of the time on the GXR, and buy a decent EOS to M-mount adapter for the rest that you don't use terribly often.

I've got mount adapters to fit Nikon, Pentax M42, Pentax K, and Olympus OM lenses to FourThirds SLR, Micro-FourThirds and now M-bayonet mounts. As time as progressed, however, I've slowly acquired all M-bayonet mount lenses for my normal use and retained only the Nikkor macro capable lenses that I adapt to M-bayonet. Why? Because, in general, the M-bayonet lenses are smaller, better performing, and sometimes faster than the lenses I was adapting: I just like using them more. And I can also use them on the M9 and other M-bayonet bodies I've got, where the adapted SLR lenses really only make sense to use on the GXR since they don't have the rangefinder coupling.

(I don't use the SLR lenses that often anymore, so I bought one very high quality Rayqual Nikon F to Leica M adapter. It fits perfectly, with no slop whatever, on all three of the Nikkors I have kept and its mount release does not mechanically interfere with the Nikkors' aperture ring, the most usual cause of issues IME.)
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks & thanks again! Are Kipon adapters any good? Should I just stick with Raqual? As I understand, slr lenses can only be zoned focused since not coupled? So you can't use live view focus peeking?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks & thanks again! Are Kipon adapters any good? Should I just stick with Raqual?
    Kipon adapters are generally pretty good, but not at the same quality level as the Rayqual IME. There's more variability in dimensioning. Also, the Rayqual adapters all come with very good quality M-mount back caps, which saves you a few dollars in buying caps. (many of the less expensive caps don't fit very tightly and have a tendency to fall off.)

As I understand, slr lenses can only be zoned focused since not coupled? So you can't use live view focus peeking?
    If you're talking about the GXR, focusing is done TTL with the Live View through LCD or EVF. The rangefinder mechanism is not relevant to use of any lenses on the GXR, so in that context there's no difference between using an M-mount lens and an SLR lens via an adapter on the GXR.

But my GXR is now complement to my M9, so for me it's better to have all my usual lens choices be M-mount with rangefinder coupling, since the M9 can ONLY measure focus with the rangefinder. (The new M due to be available next year will also have Live View and focus peaking ... which is when I'll consider whether to upgrade from my M9 or sell the GXR kit and add the new M body. There's a big step up in price, of course.)
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that step up in price is why I want the GXR to begin with. This time I just refuse to sell my MP-9 for the new M. Better put the funds towards the impossible to afford maybe used Mono M. Thanks again for you kindness!

Post Thanks / Like

If the X-E1 sensor could handle wide M lenses without smearing the corners I would absolutely buy one in a heartbeat, even without focus peaking. It would make a perfect backup (actually companion is a better word) camera for the M9.

I think Leica has shown with the M-E that we're not going to get an inexpensive EVF only camera from them for the next two to three years, but I wonder if anyone else will come forward?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by StephenPatterson View Post
    If the X-E1 sensor could handle wide M lenses without smearing the corners I would absolutely buy one in a heartbeat, even without focus peaking. It would make a perfect backup (actually companion is a better word) camera for the M9.

I think Leica has shown with the M-E that we're not going to get an inexpensive EVF only camera from them for the next two to three years, but I wonder if anyone else will come forward?
    HI Stephen
    Have you given up on the M?
    personally, I don't really mind whether I'm shooting full frame - or cropped sensor. But I'm absolutely certain that I can't shoot mixed. Seems to me that the M9 would be a perfect backup for the M.

all the best

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jono,

No, I haven't given up on the M, but I think there are still a lot of unanswered questions. New features aside it will be interesting to see if the M's new CMOS sensor can equal or surpass the IQ of the M9's CCD. It might be that the new M makes a good backup for the M9 We shall have to wait and see...

As for me I really enjoy my M9, and shoot with it every day, but after the sun goes down it just runs out of steam. Granted that most of my images are captured in relatively good light, and I rarely find the need to push the M9 beyond ISO1250, but if the capability was there I'm sure that I would continue to use my Leica glass throughout the evening hours. If the X-E1 was up to the task, for those times when my M9 hit the proverbial ISO brick wall, that would have worked just fine for me.

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like

I have been shooting with an M9 until the arrival of my MM. The M9 has been sitting in the cabinet, but I still need a color camera for family activities, and scenery. The small XE1 fulfills my need very well with my M lenses. However, I may still pick up a Fuji lens or two, the upcoming 23mm and the 18-55 Zoom.

Senior Member Ron (Netherlands)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

posted this question in another thread on the fuji: did anyone experience this camera with a 35mm summicron (Fuji states that it is not possible to use the type 4 pre asph). I sold my M8.2 and have no lust for the M9. So waiting for the new M, however since this is a first C-mos experience for Leica, and the Fuji has very nice dimensions (the M even bigger than the M8 and M9 and heavier) I'm really interested in a good alternative now...and as others here I don't mind it is not a full sensor...
    my most used lenses on the M8.2 were the 25mm Biogon and the 35mm Summicrons (all types).
    Leica: IIa sync conversion, M6 TTL Millenium, Fuji X-E1;
    My Flickr