The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Useability of OFV on X-Pro1

Weasel_Loader

Just want to know how many actually use the OFV as the primary viewfinder on the X-Pro1. I'm really undecided on X-Pro1 and X-E1. Not a huge delima as I'm assuming both cameras balance out pretty well with their advantages/disadvantages. Just wondering if the OFV is more of tech gizmo than actually being useful over the EVF in certain situations. Thanks.

Paratom

Just want to know how many actually use the OFV as the primary viewfinder on the X-Pro1. I'm really undecided on X-Pro1 and X-E1. Not a huge delima as I'm assuming both cameras balance out pretty well with their advantages/disadvantages. Just wondering if the OFV is more of tech gizmo than actually being useful over the EVF in certain situations. Thanks.
I use the EVF for close distance and low light. For everything else I prefer the OVF. I am used to OVF from the M9 and I find the OVF of the x-pro 1 to be a big advantage over other mirrorless cams.
Its a matter of taste. I prefer a OVF and a EVF (x-pro 1) over a little better EVF without the OVF.

Poul-Werner

I mainly use the OVF on both my X-Pro1 and X100. Just occasinally do I use the EVF (pictures at close distance or if I feel the need for exact framing).

The OVF was the main reason I first bought the X100, and then later the X-Pro1

PW

woodyspedden

I mainly use the OVF on both my X-Pro1 and X100. Just occasinally do I use the EVF (pictures at close distance or if I feel the need for exact framing).

The OVF was the main reason I first bought the X100, and then later the X-Pro1

PW
Unless I am using the M adaptor and M lenses, I use the OVF almost exclusively. I* find it simply a better way to fly

Woody