Site Sponsors

Thread: Useability of OFV on X-Pro1

Post Thanks / Like

Useability of OFV on X-Pro1

Just want to know how many actually use the OFV as the primary viewfinder on the X-Pro1. I'm really undecided on X-Pro1 and X-E1. Not a huge delima as I'm assuming both cameras balance out pretty well with their advantages/disadvantages. Just wondering if the OFV is more of tech gizmo than actually being useful over the EVF in certain situations. Thanks.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Useability of OFV on X-Pro1

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel_Loader View Post
    Just want to know how many actually use the OFV as the primary viewfinder on the X-Pro1. I'm really undecided on X-Pro1 and X-E1. Not a huge delima as I'm assuming both cameras balance out pretty well with their advantages/disadvantages. Just wondering if the OFV is more of tech gizmo than actually being useful over the EVF in certain situations. Thanks.
    I use the EVF for close distance and low light. For everything else I prefer the OVF. I am used to OVF from the M9 and I find the OVF of the x-pro 1 to be a big advantage over other mirrorless cams.
    Its a matter of taste. I prefer a OVF and a EVF (x-pro 1) over a little better EVF without the OVF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I use the OVF primarily and the EVF for macro distance.

It is a great combination and I would miss the OVF on the X-E1.

Post Thanks / Like

I mainly use the OVF on both my X-Pro1 and X100. Just occasinally do I use the EVF (pictures at close distance or if I feel the need for exact framing).

The OVF was the main reason I first bought the X100, and then later the X-Pro1

PW

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Poul-Werner View Post
    I mainly use the OVF on both my X-Pro1 and X100. Just occasinally do I use the EVF (pictures at close distance or if I feel the need for exact framing).

The OVF was the main reason I first bought the X100, and then later the X-Pro1

PW
    Unless I am using the M adaptor and M lenses, I use the OVF almost exclusively. I* find it simply a better way to fly

Woody