The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Raw support coming to C1 Pro soon

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Sources say the next version of C1 will have support for the Fuji X Pro 1 and will include a (finally released by Canon) SDK that supports all the latest Canons in 10.7.5 and 10.8.x.

Who is excited to process some Fuji X Pro 1 files with a fully featured raw processor, and have those files look great?

Follow us on Facebook and you'll be the first to know when it's been released:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Phase-One-Partner-Digital-Transitions/126184805164

Last edited:

woodyspedden

Sources say the next version of C1 will have support for the Fuji X Pro 1 and will include a (finally released by Canon) SDK that supports all the latest Canons in 10.7.5 and 10.8.x.

Who is excited to process some Fuji X Pro 1 files with a fully featured raw processor, and have those files look great?

Follow us on Facebook and you'll be the first to know when it's been released:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Phase-One-Partner-Digital-Transitions/
Doug

The question, of course, is the quality of the conversions.

Lightroom 4 and Photoshop 6 already convert the X1Pro files and frankly do a terrible job with regard to chroma smearing.

As an owner of both Capture One pro 7.01 and the X1Pro, I can only hope

Woody

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
yes, that's correct LR4 and ACR do a terrible job with the color debayering

That's why this will be so exciting for you :).

Can't say more.

barjohn

Have you seen LLoyd Chamber's latest discussion on the XPRO-1/XE-1 files with the problems he is seeing and examples? A better algorithm is desperately needed.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Really looking forward to being able to handle all of my raw files in C1 only again. Regarding the Fuji X-Pro1 & X-E1 files, the jpgs are so good that more often than not I'm still using them vs the raws. Reds in particular are butchered by LR today with the raws.

Here's a presumptive :thumbs:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
But presumably you're only using jpg because LR conversion has been so poor.

So if, in theory ;-), C1's conversion of this weird raw format is as good as you might expect from the image processing wizards at phase, then you'd return to shooting raw with all of its inherent flexibilty characteristics?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I shoot both raw & jpg. I figured someone will come up with a decent raw converter eventually so I hedge my bets :)

Sapphie

What a tease post! Until now, C1 never admitted they were even looking at it. When, when? Before Christmas? Is there a beta version we can try? The link to the facebook page doesn't work, not that I have a FB account :)

Lee

Sapphie

Thanks Ario, it does sound promising. I can't remember when I last 'tried' C1 but I suspect it may have been a V7 trial, which probably means I will be unable to trial it when the update comes out. We'll see. It would be good to get 60 days testing out of it, as Adobe may have updated theirs by then and we'll be able to compare!

Lee

Thanks Ario, it does sound promising. I can't remember when I last 'tried' C1 but I suspect it may have been a V7 trial, which probably means I will be unable to trial it when the update comes out. We'll see. It would be good to get 60 days testing out of it, as Adobe may have updated theirs by then and we'll be able to compare!

Lee
Lee,
As far as I remember CO7 was released end of October, so in any case you shoud have some spare trial period to use for comparing.

jpaulmoore

I have been very interested in the XPro 1 but the raw conversion issue has me concerned. If it is just a matter of time before Lightroom or C1 addresses the issue with good results I can wait it out. My bigger concern is whether on not Fuji has designed a sensor that is flawed in some way and that there will never be a satisfactory solution for raw conversion.

Godfrey

Personally, I'd change my camera before I changed my workflow and tools. Any number of cameras will do a great job, there are few that are so unique that I'm willing to take the effort to change my rendering efforts to accommodate their weirdness. :)

kuau

Workshop Member
If the new C1 version does not deliver the goods, I am selling my X-E1,
what a shame....

Braeside

I just wait for Aperture support, in the meantime I am getting gorgeous JPGs and on the infrequent occasions I need something altered radically I can use the Fuji raw conversion software or Sandy's PhotoRaw. Not interested in C1, I have it (can't recall the version), but fed up paying for updates for it.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I just wait for Aperture support, in the meantime I am getting gorgeous JPGs and on the infrequent occasions I need something altered radically I can use the Fuji raw conversion software or Sandy's PhotoRaw. Not interested in C1, I have it (can't recall the version), but fed up paying for updates for it.
... there have been three upgrades in like 5 years, each time only $99.

That's a pretty good upgrade policy IMO.

I'd take a shot at the free trial when an update including your Fuji launches and ask yourself if it's worth $99 to upgrade.

Sapphie

Doug

When, when? We need to test it with our 'problematic' RAWs ...

And if there was a huge discount for Fuji lovers too ...

Lee

Braeside

I'll certainly try the free trial when it is available Doug. I'm just a bit eggy from constantly buying darkroom software that doesn't support the latest camera without a paid upgrade. (Not just C1). What I actually want is Aperture to support the camera though.