The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom 4.3 seems a bit better X-E1

soboyle

Is it me, or are the X-E1 files looking better in Lightroom 4.3 than earlier versions?
I'm seeing less funky things happening with tree branches and other fine detail. Anyone else?

scifitographer

no differences for me between 4.2 and 4.3 with either the x-pro 1 or the x-e1. though with the very few images i've been able to take with my x-e1 there does seem to be less smudging than with the x-pro 1.

soboyle

Since it is winter here in New England it's hard to judge how foliage will look with the X-E1, but the fine detail of tree branches is causing some ugly artifacts in the raw files, and in the jpg files to a lesser degree. Where tree branches and other fine details are close together they become "spider webbed" together. I assume this is being caused by the file conversion, and is what everyone is talking about when they say it has a watercolor look to it.

Pelao

I can't detect a difference with the X-Pro 1. I'll add that I don't often see the problem in any case; it's rare in my shots.