The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji X200 X-trans sensored rumors here please

raist3d

So looks like the rumor mill is running with X200 with an X-trans sensor- a successor for the X100.

As someone who has been a bit enthralled with the Sony RX1, I am very very interested if an X200 model like this comes along. To be a complete match to the RX1 it would have to sport an F1.4 lens... not sure if that would increase the size too much or how hard it would be to make.

But I am interested mainly for one reason: Leaf Shutter. Leaf shutter= quiet. I can only hope Fuji ups their processor so the X200 processes/acts faster than their current X-E1/X-pro 1 line.

- Raist

Brian Mosley

It's about time. I hope Fuji spare no expense in going after the RX-1... an f1.4 lens would be awesome.

Thanks for the rumour - the X100 is my favourite camera to use, and could really use a fast focusing, high speed lens.

Brian

V

Vivek

The Rx1 will help the X200 sales. I think it is a direct competitor.

raist3d

It's about time. I hope Fuji spare no expense in going after the RX-1... an f1.4 lens would be awesome.

Thanks for the rumour - the X100 is my favourite camera to use, and could really use a fast focusing, high speed lens.

Brian
I was seriously considering an RX1 because of both high ISO performance and leaf shutter. Then I read the X200 X-trans rumor and started to think "Fuji." I love the Q but a well priced reasonably fast Fuji X200 would rock for street life in many situations.

I am not sure how well they can go for an F1.4. I really want the camera to be compact too. Ideally smaller than the X100 but I am not sure how feasible that is.

Did a shooting in a small venue of a classical music concert with the Q and had I had any camera with shutter noise I would have been kicked out. They didn't even notice I took the shots and they were more than happy I did.

So I have a new appreciation for quiet! :)

- Raist

raist3d

And this time, make two versions please; one 35 and one 85mm eqv. :p
:)

I wouldn't mind a 47mm equivalent lens one. Or even a special lens that you could mechanically adjust to end up with 2-3 pre-set focal lengths, if such design makes sense to keep the quality of the lenses high over a typical zoom.

- Raist

Peter Leyenaar

Yes. Very interesting reading indeed. I take you are speaking for yourself though?

- raist
I do admit to liking various types of equipment , and of course , getting something new is always ( for me ) a motivating factor .
Having been a long time Leica film shooter , this craze for more mbs seems
somewhat odd, considering that the iq of digital has surpassed the iq of film
some time ago, except perhaps for cibachrome.
That critique must have touched a nerve though , seeing that you wish to make it personal.
Btw , that wasn't me speaking, simply directing attention to the article.

raist3d

I do admit to liking various types of equipment , and of course , getting something new is always ( for me ) a motivating factor .
Having been a long time Leica film shooter , this craze for more mbs seems
somewhat odd, considering that the iq of digital has surpassed the iq of film
some time ago, except perhaps for cibachrome.
That critique must have touched a nerve though , seeing that you wish to make it personal.
Btw , that wasn't me speaking, simply directing attention to the article.
Hmmm... I guess my reply did touch a nerve, didn't it? :) Look at what you replied with, originally:

"Rumours an speculations, pining away for the X200, then the X300 etc. the folks at Fuji
rubbing their hands in glee,
This makes some interesting reading"

Don't try to hide behind the "oh, you decided to make it personal" bs. *You clearly meant something when you wrote what you wrote*, did you not?

Funny thing, I actually sympathize with this far more than you think, but you came in opening fire on the entire thread from the get go without even bothering to check anything- thus you can't come in and say no "oh I meant this in general" and try to hide behind that. Stand by what you say, or don't say it then- or better yet- speak for yourself.

So to answer your first sentences (since yes, you are clearly referring to the thread and what I started), I am not pinning away for the X200 then the X300, etc. Yes, there are many I have seen that do exactly that on these forums (and many other forums for that matter). I have done the same too, but in this thread, I was just interested for the X200 for a set of very special and particular reasons. If it happens and full fills very specific photographic tool reasons I am interested in. If not, then well no.

If I just wanted "latest and greatest" for its own sake, I surely wouldn't be "wasting my time" using a Pentax Q with a "useless sensor" for the better part of last year right? A camera I use almost on a daily basis.

- Raist

V

Vivek

I cannot imagine the directness, since already differed in price alone!
You are right. The Rx1 would not be a good match for the X200 which would be cheaper, with a built in VF, usable hot-shoe, usable without a $150 thumb grip, possibly with no color shift problems and equal or better DR and IQ.

What was I thinking! :facesmack:

raist3d

Brian, just tea the following tonight:

- new much faster aF (0.08 secs, possible hybrid aF by still rumor)
- new exe sensor (probably about twice as fast)
- focus peaking