The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Joined The Fuji Crowd

JimGoshorn

Well, after much research and soul searching, I got an XE-1. Lenses for it have all gotten good reviews and the lens map looks good. The colors appear wonderful after processing RAW files in Lightroom. It's the closest thing to my fond memories of my Nikon FM: small, light and fun to use.

Still getting used to it's personality but I'm off to a good start.

Jim

JimGoshorn

I was a bit skeptical when I read posts where people said they couldn't wait to take more images with the cameras but sure enough I keep grabbing the camera looking for another image.

Jim

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I did the same and jumped into the Fuji X system, but with the XPro1.

I must say I am overwhelmed by the results. Never ever had better files in the past than from the XPro1. It is a great camera and also the hybrid finder is a joy to use. Especially compared to the disappointing OVF solution in the M digital cameras including the new Leica M.

And I am looking forward now to expand the X system even further and later this year add a XPro2 ;)

JimGoshorn

I am very curious to see what Fuji comes up with for the next generation based on the improvements that they made to the X100S.

The lenses are really nice. I do wish that they had constant apertures for the zooms though but with that image quality, I can manage :)

Jim

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I hope that they finally decide on a single button layout too. It's obviously still a work in progress but it seems each iteration is better so that's encouraging.

The AF zone selection though is klunky for my liking - I dislike having the button on the left vs perhaps being able to program the Q or function button or just have it constantly available to move with the control pad - this applies to both the X-E1 & X-Pro1. I shoot manual focus but I do use the AEL button button to zoom focus to the current AF point and then adjust if needed.

Great cameras & lenses though.

pophoto

I think we will see the X Pro 2 and XE2 by the end of this year, and with the Zeiss addition of lenses, it's becoming a killer system. Even if it is APS-C only!

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Looking really forward to the XPro2 and XE2. And while I understand many will kill me here, I wish they will have some higher resolution s well (20 - 24MP), which would then make it almost 100% my primary system.

I do think the lenses can hold up even to higher resolution. Also look forward to the Zeiss lenses, but having seen the quality of the Fuji lenses, I am not so sure I would buy Zeiss instead of Fuji.

All in all a GREAT system!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Love to get the fuji 14mm looks to be rated very well. BTW I do have a half leather case for sale on the B&S. I think I want the RRS grip and plate instead. Anyone using it have thoughts on it or thumbs up lever instead. Any advice would be helpful.

GrahamWelland

The RRS bracket and grip rocks. It also provides a nice armour protection for the X-E1 or X-Pro1 depending on which you have. The only slight usability issue is with access to the USB / RR80 ports on the side of the body with the L bracket in place - you just need to have some finger nails or small fingers to get to the cover. If you use a remote then it's not really possible to use the camera in portrait mode on a tripod - I typically just use a regular manual cable release.

Btw, the 14mm rocks! :grin:

JimGoshorn

I was thinking of going RRS since I have one for my Canon. Thinking of getting the L bracket without the grip though since I have been managing so far with the shape of the camera

corposant

Looking really forward to the XPro2 and XE2. And while I understand many will kill me here, I wish they will have some higher resolution s well (20 - 24MP), which would then make it almost 100% my primary system.

I do think the lenses can hold up even to higher resolution. Also look forward to the Zeiss lenses, but having seen the quality of the Fuji lenses, I am not so sure I would buy Zeiss instead of Fuji.

All in all a GREAT system!
I am sure the lenses could resolve more detail than 16MP, the problem with more than 20MP on a small sensor is that you get very noisy skies.

Amin

I'm a prime guy, but the Fuji kit zoom is an exception. It's faster than the usual compact zoom, and the performance is terrific. That and the 35/1.4 are a heck of a 2-lens combo.

GrahamWelland

I have the RRS grips but certainly had John had these available when I got them I'd have FAR FAR rather have bought his versions. He produces wonderful work and I'd happily buy his well designed and built plates.

John: You can send the $10 bills to the normal address :ROTFL:

Seriously though, John's work is excellent and it's nice to support an artisan here. Heck, he's a super nice guy too!

Pelao

I'm extremely happy with my X-Pro 1. It's a pleasure to use, and the output is fantastic; there is a feel to the images that I really like.

I have the three original primes. I am very happy with each. I don't need the 18-55, but from what friends tell me it's not right to label it a kit zoom - that is a disservice to its performance. I am interested in the long zoom though; I'm curious about how it performs.