Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fuji X-E1 Review

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fuji X-E1 Review

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Jones View Post
    I never have figured out just why they have these options in the first place. I have mine set the same way you do Guy, this stuff all turned off so the camera shoots faster. When you want to see what your shooting, I mean it isn't like it takes rocket science to press the image review button?

I guess it is all part of that "got to get the shot" training. Hard to get "the" shot when all those that aren't keep moving slowly past your screen!
    That how I have the A99 set ... review off, and press the review button to check the LCD.

However, while not rocket science, it IS a PITA when shooting fast and you have been used to a quick, split second glance ... plus, half the time I'm shooting in near dark conditions and have to find the button ... something that'll become muscle memory eventually I guess.

IT GETS IN THE WAY ... SO IT SUCKS, and is AMATEUR HOUR type stuff.

In my humble opinion.

- Marc

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Btw just hooked this up to my strobes via a PW and it syncs at 1/125. 1/250 shutter I was getting the curtain shadow. Good enough for my uses. Actually having the same issue with my D800e with 1/250th being a issue both with PW and with a sync cord. Now that one bugs me as this is my primary. I'm not getting a heavy shadow but a faint darkening at the bottom of the frame. It's not my Dynalites either as I powered down to fastest flash duration as well.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    That how I have the A99 set ... review off, and press the review button to check the LCD.

However, while not rocket science, it IS a PITA when shooting fast and you have been used to a quick, split second glance ... plus, half the time I'm shooting in near dark conditions and have to find the button ... something that'll become muscle memory eventually I guess.

IT GETS IN THE WAY ... SO IT SUCKS, and is AMATEUR HOUR type stuff.

In my humble opinion.

- Marc
    Ha! Couldn't agree more Marc. That BS is the main reason I sold my A77. I can't stand my camera trying to tell me how I am going to shoot, or getting in my way trying to "save" me from myself! If I want to screw it up, that's my right.

Next thing you know, they will have some little voice (available in ten different languages, male and sexy female voice options too!) trying to lecture us on everything we just did wrong that last shutter press.... :dh2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Btw just hooked this up to my strobes via a PW and it syncs at 1/125. 1/250 shutter I was getting the curtain shadow. Good enough for my uses. Actually having the same issue with my D800e with 1/250th being a issue both with PW and with a sync cord. Now that one bugs me as this is my primary. I'm not getting a heavy shadow but a faint darkening at the bottom of the frame. It's not my Dynalites either as I powered down to fastest flash duration as well.
    Guy, I'm not sure which model of PW you have, but some of them will actually do high speed sync on your D800. Not so sure it would work on the Fuji though.

Pocketwizard® - Wireless transmitters and receivers

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It's the new PlusX with my Dynalites not the Nikon SB 910. I read somewhere and can't remember where someone else was reporting the same issue with there D800e. Given the sync cord and the PW had the same issue, I'm afraid it points to the cam. Which sucks, I'm tempted to add another D800e after next months big gig anyway. I have a good one but I still feel my sensor is every so slightly off on the left side also.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com