Site Sponsors

Thread: Setting into Fuji quite nicely but

Post Thanks / Like

Setting into Fuji quite nicely but

I still can't get over the fact that Contax never put a digital sensor into the G2. So although the X-E1 is satisfying my needs, every time I see the G2's in my local dealers second hand section, my heart skips a beat. So my hope is that the Fuji G2 Pro will be a replica and then my decades of wandering through camera systems will truly have ended.
    Actually they probably have as I'm now a retired new age pensioner and from the world of professional photography. I now just supply Alamy and for the first time in decades just please myself. I am occasionally called upon by the local community to help fight a cause in the town but that's OK.
    The attached shot was taken with a Pentax, and is just to illustrate the last statement
    David
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Setting into Fuji quite nicely but

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    So my hope is that the Fuji G2 Pro will be a replica and then my decades of wandering through camera systems will truly have ended.
    Was this (bold highlight) a typo, or intentional wishful thinking..?

I've been considering the X-E1 for some time and have been very tempted. However, I've more-or-less decided that my x100 (original) is so good - and (very importantly) I enjoy it so much - that there's little point in getting the X-E1. Wow - recovery from GAS! Incredible...

Of course, you might have noticed that I used some weasel words here, such as "more-or-less", and "little point", rather than stating that I definitely won't get one...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Saw an XE-1 in a store today and managed to walk away (already have my X-Pro, so ...)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by white.elephant View Post
    Saw an XE-1 in a store today and managed to walk away (already have my X-Pro, so ...)
    Extraordinary willpower!

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Walking away from an X-E1 is one thing but shot an X100s and do the same thing

Regarding the OP and the Contax G2 ... Just buy it. I used to have a silver G2 and then black outfit including the super wide and zoom. One of the nicest 35mm film cameras that I ever owned and used. I foresee getting one again at some point. Oh, and the glass, oh such great glass.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Walking away from an X-E1 is one thing but shot an X100s and do the same thing

Regarding the OP and the Contax G2 ... Just buy it. I used to have a silver G2 and then black outfit including the super wide and zoom. One of the nicest 35mm film cameras that I ever owned and used. I foresee getting one again at some point. Oh, and the glass, oh such great glass.
    I have a friend who has an outfit lying around his house, Maybe time for a visit
    Actually I just couldn't go back to film, not at this late stage.
    David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tbhv55 View Post
    Was this (bold highlight) a typo, or intentional wishful thinking..?
    It was what is called a senior moment. This is when the mind takes over and puts out subconscious gossip. Of course I meant Fuji XPro-2, in my conscious mind.