The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Setting into Fuji quite nicely but

DavidL

I still can't get over the fact that Contax never put a digital sensor into the G2. So although the X-E1 is satisfying my needs, every time I see the G2's in my local dealers second hand section, my heart skips a beat. So my hope is that the Fuji G2 Pro will be a replica and then my decades of wandering through camera systems will truly have ended.
Actually they probably have as I'm now a retired new age pensioner and from the world of professional photography. I now just supply Alamy and for the first time in decades just please myself. I am occasionally called upon by the local community to help fight a cause in the town but that's OK.
The attached shot was taken with a Pentax, and is just to illustrate the last statement
David

tbhv55

So my hope is that the Fuji G2 Pro will be a replica and then my decades of wandering through camera systems will truly have ended.
Was this (bold highlight) a typo, or intentional wishful thinking..? ;)

I've been considering the X-E1 for some time and have been very tempted. However, I've more-or-less decided that my x100 (original) is so good - and (very importantly) I enjoy it so much - that there's little point in getting the X-E1. Wow - recovery from GAS! Incredible... :eek:

Of course, you might have noticed that I used some weasel words here, such as "more-or-less", and "little point", rather than stating that I definitely won't get one...;)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Walking away from an X-E1 is one thing but shot an X100s and do the same thing :ROTFL:

Regarding the OP and the Contax G2 ... Just buy it. I used to have a silver G2 and then black outfit including the super wide and zoom. One of the nicest 35mm film cameras that I ever owned and used. I foresee getting one again at some point. Oh, and the glass, oh such great glass.

DavidL

Walking away from an X-E1 is one thing but shot an X100s and do the same thing :ROTFL:

Regarding the OP and the Contax G2 ... Just buy it. I used to have a silver G2 and then black outfit including the super wide and zoom. One of the nicest 35mm film cameras that I ever owned and used. I foresee getting one again at some point. Oh, and the glass, oh such great glass.
I have a friend who has an outfit lying around his house, Maybe time for a visit;)
Actually I just couldn't go back to film, not at this late stage.
David

DavidL

Was this (bold highlight) a typo, or intentional wishful thinking..? ;)
It was what is called a senior moment. This is when the mind takes over and puts out subconscious gossip. Of course I meant Fuji XPro-2, in my conscious mind.