Site Sponsors

Thread: Fuji X-Pro1 diopter lenses

Post Thanks / Like

Fuji X-Pro1 diopter lenses

I just received an X-Pro1 and 14mm and 35mm lenses. Still trying to figure it out. Even though I knew there was no adjustable diopter eyepiece, I bought it any way. I cannot see the finder image clearly. I ordered a Plus 1, on a gamble...it may or may not be enough of a correction. When it arrives, I try it. If not good enough, I buy a Plus 2, etc. That is the advantage of having a local dealer that stocks all that stuff. Take the cameera into the shop, and try diopter lenses till you get it right. To make matters worse, I am left eyed; I am having cataract surger on my right eye mid August. Later I will need to get the left eye done 9the eye I use for photographing). After the surgery, who knows what correction I will need. BIG error with Fuji not putting an adjustable diopter in a "Pro" camera. My other three camera systems (Sony A-900, Nikon D800e, and Pentax 645D) all have adjustable eyepieces. Sorry about my rant, but until I get the right eyepiece, my new system is useless.
    Dave in NJ

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fuji X-Pro1 diopter lenses

Agreed - I'm sure that it is something they.will add for any X-Pro2. They've appeared to have been incrementally improving the control layout and ergonomics with each new camera. The X-E1 and X100s both got diopter adjustment.

Regarding the diopter, I had to change mine to +1 to accommodate my 49 year old eyesight. I bought the Zeiss +0, Fuji +1 & Fuji +2 diopters from Amazon so that I could try them and easily return the ones that I didn't need. It was confusing as a first time diopter lens buyer as the docs weren't clear (to me) which strength I would need vs my reading glass strength.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuji X-Pro1 diopter lenses

Thanks Graham.
    I also use reading glasses, but I recall from days of old, that with my film SLRs, there was an "apparent" distance from the eye piece to the ground glass of 1 meter,; the eye pieces had some kind of built in diopter to make the virtual image seem farther away.
    Dave