The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Firmware 3.01 problem

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I actually like them, was an early adopter to the X100 and still have a XE-1 with 3 primes and the wider zoom (and a X-Pro 1 in the closet ready to sell). However, I criticize them for stopping short of making a really great camera with the X-Pro1. It is certainly a good camera, but with too many avoidable technical limitations. Slow AF, inaccurate AF, hunting AF, significant shutter lag. And in some situations one is wrestling with all 4 in the order described and long gone is the shot.
Unfortunately I have quite to agree!

I do hope the XPro2 is coming soon and cleans these issues!

Ron (Netherlands)

Until now I never upgraded (don't use X lenses so probably don't need the fixes) Anyhow in order to be able to use the latest firmware, do you have to install all the previous upgrades first?
in the meantime I have updated the firmware and my experience is as follows. My X-E1 had firmware v. 1.04 installed and I wanted to upgrade to v. 2.00. However I first had to install v. 1.06 before I could go on.