Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Firmware 3.01 problem

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Firmware 3.01 problem

    I spent the day out doing some street photography with my Xpro1 using the 18-55, 35 and 14mm lenses. On 3 occasions I had the camera completely lock up on me and had to pull the battery to reset it. All firmware is up to date. Never had a single issue before this update.

  2. #2
    Subscriber Member Chuck Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Studio City, CA
    Posts
    700
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    18

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Ouch. That does not sound good Tim. I haven't had any issues with my X-E1 since updating, so it may just be something simple with the quick 3.01 fix. Fingers crossed they get it tuned up and working right soon!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Number of people are reporting the same thing. I also noted some strange behavior with autofocus which other people also found.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Fuji released version 3.1 within 24 hours of problems reported with version 3.0 on X-Pro1, just download the new firmware. There should be no issues with the XE-1.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    It is the latest version I am talking about and it's on my Xpro1. Others are reporting the same issues.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Oh boy Fuji, they are on the path of becoming the Alfa Romeo of the camera industry. Constantly over promising and under delivering.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Don't think so they just rushed the 3.01 fix out. Pretty sure it will be fixed reasonably soon.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Quote Originally Posted by retow View Post
    Oh boy Fuji, they are on the path of becoming the Alfa Romeo of the camera industry. Constantly over promising and under delivering.
    Wait, hold on. Fuji is on the path to become Alfa Romeo because ONE of their firmware upgrades doesn't quite work 100% bug free in ONE of their cameras?

    Doesn't that strike as a bit of an extreme conclusion? The firwmare upgrade did deliver much improved AF.

    - Ricardo

  9. #9
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Unfortunately such behavior of a company could easily be the beginning of the end for people who trust in their products.

    Kind of sitting First Row, Leg-free and watching ..... kind of amusing since thanks god I have other cameras to rely on currently

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Quote Originally Posted by raist3d View Post
    Wait, hold on. Fuji is on the path to become Alfa Romeo because ONE of their firmware upgrades doesn't quite work 100% bug free in ONE of their cameras?

    Doesn't that strike as a bit of an extreme conclusion? The firwmare upgrade did deliver much improved AF.

    - Ricardo
    Shutter blade issues with the X100, no diopter correction of the XPRo`s VF, X10 white orbs issues, inaccurate and hunting X-Pro and X-E1 AF (improved now, but still not satisfactory), MF by wire no fun to use, MF distance scale inaccurate, watercolor smearing, recent FW upgrade. That is an Alfa alike pattern with early adopters as beta testers. A great looking product with nice design and haptics, and sometimes a pleasure to use, provided however, all stars line up perfectly. But in the end, great to look at, performance so so, and not all as rosy as it could be under the hood. The low used prices and difficulty of selling them in the marketplace resemble the formerly famous car make.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Ron (Netherlands)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Until now I never upgraded (don't use X lenses so probably don't need the fixes) Anyhow in order to be able to use the latest firmware, do you have to install all the previous upgrades first?
    Leica: IIa sync conversion, M6 TTL Millenium, Fuji X-E1;
    My Flickr

  12. #12
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    No

  13. #13
    Senior Member David Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Unfortunately such behavior of a company could easily be the beginning of the end for people who trust in their products.

    Kind of sitting First Row, Leg-free and watching ..... kind of amusing since thanks god I have other cameras to rely on currently
    My friend was a sub-contractor for repairs of Canon cameras. When the 20D came out there were huge problems. He was picking up van loads of cameras to repair everyday. Seems like Canon is still selling cameras to these same purchasers and more today.

  14. #14
    Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    5,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    564

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Seems to me that a few folks here just don't like Fuji - whatever floats your boat ...

    For the rest of us that don't think that the world has come to an end and Fuji are the evil empire, I'm just pleased that they made the significant upgrades to the firmware and seem to actively be continuing to do so. Ok, so they had a couple of teething problems but I'd rather that than firmware stagnation which is what I see pretty much everywhere else.

    It seems that Fuji are damned if they do make upgrades and damned if they don't. The masses clamor for upgrades as soon as possible which Fuji seem to be responsive to. However, they've run into a couple of issues by releasing sooner rather than later. They do seem to be working hard to address them asap and I'm fully confident that there will be a fix very soon. That's a lot more than can be said for most of the other manufacturers in my experience.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

    As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  15. #15
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    It seems that Fuji are damned if they do make upgrades and damned if they don't. The masses clamor for upgrades as soon as possible which Fuji seem to be responsive to. However, they've run into a couple of issues by releasing sooner rather than later. They do seem to be working hard to address them asap and I'm fully confident that there will be a fix very soon. That's a lot more than can be said for most of the other manufacturers in my experience.
    I would say, Fuji are damned if they make upgrades which turn out to be faulty again and again. Better would be to either take more time or to just do no longer upgrades for older cameras and lenses and rather improve HW. Not everything can be fixed in FW.

    Seems ridiculous why they could not come up from the beginning of their glory new X system with AF performance and smoothness like Olympus m43 ??? That would have eroded lot of issues upfront.

    Just a matter of getting their act together from the start.

  16. #16
    Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    5,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    564

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Again I think we'll just have to agree to disagree but thanks for your comments
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

    As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

  17. #17
    Senior Member alajuela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Shanghai / Miami
    Posts
    552
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    124

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Again I think we'll just have to agree to disagree but thanks for your comments
    +1

  18. #18
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Again I think we'll just have to agree to disagree but thanks for your comments
    Agreed

  19. #19
    Subscriber Member Chuck Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Studio City, CA
    Posts
    700
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    18

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Seems to me that a few folks here just don't like Fuji - whatever floats your boat ...

    For the rest of us that don't think that the world has come to an end and Fuji are the evil empire, I'm just pleased that they made the significant upgrades to the firmware and seem to actively be continuing to do so. Ok, so they had a couple of teething problems but I'd rather that than firmware stagnation which is what I see pretty much everywhere else.

    It seems that Fuji are damned if they do make upgrades and damned if they don't. The masses clamor for upgrades as soon as possible which Fuji seem to be responsive to. However, they've run into a couple of issues by releasing sooner rather than later. They do seem to be working hard to address them asap and I'm fully confident that there will be a fix very soon. That's a lot more than can be said for most of the other manufacturers in my experience.
    That is a whole lot more than some of the manufacturer's products IN MY BAG!

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Seems to me that a few folks here just don't like Fuji - whatever floats your boat ...
    I actually like them, was an early adopter to the X100 and still have a XE-1 with 3 primes and the wider zoom (and a X-Pro 1 in the closet ready to sell). However, I criticize them for stopping short of making a really great camera with the X-Pro1. It is certainly a good camera, but with too many avoidable technical limitations. Slow AF, inaccurate AF, hunting AF, significant shutter lag. And in some situations one is wrestling with all 4 in the order described and long gone is the shot.

  21. #21
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Quote Originally Posted by retow View Post
    I actually like them, was an early adopter to the X100 and still have a XE-1 with 3 primes and the wider zoom (and a X-Pro 1 in the closet ready to sell). However, I criticize them for stopping short of making a really great camera with the X-Pro1. It is certainly a good camera, but with too many avoidable technical limitations. Slow AF, inaccurate AF, hunting AF, significant shutter lag. And in some situations one is wrestling with all 4 in the order described and long gone is the shot.
    Unfortunately I have quite to agree!

    I do hope the XPro2 is coming soon and cleans these issues!

  22. #22
    Senior Member Ron (Netherlands)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron (Netherlands) View Post
    Until now I never upgraded (don't use X lenses so probably don't need the fixes) Anyhow in order to be able to use the latest firmware, do you have to install all the previous upgrades first?
    Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    No
    in the meantime I have updated the firmware and my experience is as follows. My X-E1 had firmware v. 1.04 installed and I wanted to upgrade to v. 2.00. However I first had to install v. 1.06 before I could go on.
    Leica: IIa sync conversion, M6 TTL Millenium, Fuji X-E1;
    My Flickr

  23. #23
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Firmware 3.01 problem

    Wow!

    I hope nobody buy's Lightroom or a Microsoft product.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •