Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuji X-T1 shows up on Fuji's site

Post Thanks / Like

Fuji X-T1 shows up on Fuji's site

FUJIFILM
    Although not named as such,that's what it's been called on all the rumour sites
    David

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuji X-T1 shows up on Fuji's site

I bet it's going to be awesome. But not my camera though.

- Ricardo

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tbis looks like a camera that will be very hard to resist for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I always said that I would not be interested in such an SLR style camera from Fuji - but now after seeing a real picture it will also be hard to resist for me!

Slowly Fuji is moving into a direction which makes me wonder if I should completely switch camps to X mount from m43 - obvious advantage is IQ and larger sensor size. And then using a camera like the XT1 would also fit better to the larger and heavier super telephoto zooms .....

Great move by Fuji anyway!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    I always said that I would not be interested in such an SLR style camera from Fuji - but now after seeing a real picture it will also be hard to resist for me!

Slowly Fuji is moving into a direction which makes me wonder if I should completely switch camps to X mount from m43 - obvious advantage is IQ and larger sensor size. And then using a camera like the XT1 would also fit better to the larger and heavier super telephoto zooms .....

Great move by Fuji anyway!
    Have to agree it will be hard to resist. I went completely Fuji last year as it meets my requirements these days.
    David

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Another thing that will be difficult is not to compare it with the Df. Here is a camera that is designed with "retro" controls from the start, is smaller and lighter, half the price, has current lenses with an aperture ring, features split screen for manual focusing (although electronic), can emulate a 35mm camera with legacy lenses and a Speed Booster.

It won't have an optical viewfinder and obviously not the Nikon sensor, but, but, but...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Another thing that will be difficult is not to compare it with the Df. Here is a camera that is designed with "retro" controls from the start, is smaller and lighter, half the price, has current lenses with an aperture ring, features split screen for manual focusing (although electronic), can emulate a 35mm camera with legacy lenses and a Speed Booster.

It won't have an optical viewfinder and obviously not the Nikon sensor, but, but, but...
    But it will have the Fuji sensor, which IMHO performs superior

And most importantly as you said it is designed from the beginning as a retro style camera based on mirror less and EVF and it is MUCH smaller! So finally something like the original size of an FM2, which Nikon failed miserably with their Df body.

Post Thanks / Like

More buts please and then I can maybe put my credit card away.
    Trouble is I already have the lenses. Was going to upgrade to a XE-2 BUT now

Post Thanks / Like

What had Fuji`s X10, X100, X-Pro1, XE-1 in common? Exactly, they made all early adopters beta testers.
    Manual controls, ergonomics, looks, lenses, everything is done right. But......
    I still have the 18, 35, 60, 18-55mm in the closet. So let`s hope they got this one right from the go.

Post Thanks / Like

Would this kill the market for X-E2?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retow View Post
    What had Fuji`s X10, X100, X-Pro1, XE-1 in common? Exactly, they made all early adopters beta testers.
    Manual controls, ergonomics, looks, lenses, everything is done right. But......
    I still have the 18, 35, 60, 18-55mm in the closet. So let`s hope they got this one right from the go.
    Just to clarify, I think the XE2 they got already right. I had the XPro1 and could not get friend with it, but the XE2 ticks almost all the boxes. So if the XT1 is topping on that with maybe a slightly larger EVF then it is already poised to become a winner - especially if priced between XPro1 and XE2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by krist8 View Post
    Would this kill the market for X-E2?
    I think it is rather complementary. They seem to be different beasts - XE2 if you really like small all in one, XT1 if sou prefer larger (better for handling longer and heavier lenses and hopefully larger EVF etc).

Post Thanks / Like

Just to clarify, I think the XE2 they got already right. I had the XPro1 and could not get friend with it, but the XE2 ticks almost all the boxes. So if the XT1 is topping on that with maybe a slightly larger EVF then it is already poised to become a winner - especially if priced between XPro1 and XE2.
    I hear you. And if it is building on the XE-2 and improving from there I might be very tempted. Any information on the sensor, 20MP or still 16?

Post Thanks / Like

From Fuji Rumors
    There's a picture there, albeit a created montage, which shows the X-T1 compared to the X-E2 it's surprisingly smaller length wise and maybe a bit taller
    still rumoured
    bigger (extra-large) and better (high performance) EVF
    APS-C X-Trans sensor II (16MP) support for the UHS-II SD-card for super-fast writing speed
    8fps with AF tracking
    weather sealed body
    tilt screen
    smaller than the X-E2
    $1800
    additional battery grip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retow View Post
    I hear you. And if it is building on the XE-2 and improving from there I might be very tempted. Any information on the sensor, 20MP or still 16?
    Rumor sites are saying same sensor as X-E2. I was hoping for something near 20-24MP.
    Shaun O'Boyle
    new.oboylephoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soboyle View Post
    Rumor sites are saying same sensor as X-E2. I was hoping for something near 20-24MP.
    I was hoping the same, but I think we will have to wait for this to happen till the XPro2.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fuji has their work cut out for them. While the X-T1 is rumored to have the same AF as the X-E2 (which I have not tested) how will it perform compared to the OM-D E-M1? The rumored 18-135 f/2.8-4 kit lens will be an ideal travel lens and the Fuji sensors are top-notch (despite the headaches they give the DxO guys) with excellent low light performance. Olympus taking a page from the Leica Manual and is producing faster glass to compensate for less than bleeding edge low light performance. That, and bleeding edge IBIS. I have generally found that the exposure algorithms in these cameras tend to overexpose by 2/3 stop all the time and the faster glass affords me to shoot at night at lower ISOs. I have the m.zuiko 17mm f/1.8 and am poised to order the m.zuiko 25mm f/1.8 when it launches as well. Unlike Leica, these little primes are affordable to those of us on a mac-and-cheese budget.
    Last edited by etrigan63; 20th January 2014 at 10:14.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is rather complementary. They seem to be different beasts - XE2 if you really like small all in one, XT1 if sou prefer larger (better for handling longer and heavier lenses and hopefully larger EVF etc).
    Peter, this is how I'm seeing it as well. I have the X-E2 and like it very much, but there are times that I'd like to have this DSLR form factor and handling. I love that Fuji are using retro-style controls. To me, they are far superior to many modern button and menu control configs.

Looking forward to seeing this new body.

Post Thanks / Like

The Df left me cold after trying out its ergonomics. The locking buttons that they used totally got in my way.

Sensor will be good even if not the same as the D4 sensor; as I found when renting the XE-2, the sensor will do just fine . Fuji ergonomics so far have impressed me. Speed Booster as I also posted elsewhere is quite nice.

IBIS is the one thing I would miss. But as was said, perhaps closer to the FM2D style many are looking for?

They added the tilt screen and weather sealing. Personally, it is all wait and see for me. I have the EM-5 and a stable of m4/3 lenses and am quite happy. Switching would be costly indeed, so it would have to be really compelling for me.

Going to be an interesting month or two or three .

Doug
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Would like it to be really small but it doesn't seem to be.

Post Thanks / Like

More photos of X-T1 here
    Fuji Rumors

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The X-T1 photos look really sweet. This is what I was hoping the Df would have been! Maybe we should mount our Nikon lenses on this body...
    Brad Husick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    More photos of X-T1 here
    Fuji Rumors
    Some nice features there. The viewfinder looks very big. Dual cards, separate from the battery compartment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bradhusick View Post
    The X-T1 photos look really sweet. This is what I was hoping the Df would have been! Maybe we should mount our Nikon lenses on this body...
    Exactly what I was thinking... my 105mm f/1.8 AIS with Speed Booster sound like a nice portrait option. Not sure if I need anything else

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what I was thinking... my 105mm f/1.8 AIS with Speed Booster sound like a nice portrait option. Not sure if I need anything else
    I'm using my Canon 135mm f/2.0 L on my X-E2 and getting some fun results. Haven't used it a lot, but with focus peaking, and a nice bright lens it works quite well. I can see extending this approach with other Nikon/Canon primes missing from the native lineup.

(Of course, I'm really hoping that Fuji will offer a reasonably fast native prime in the 75mm to 90mm range.)

Post Thanks / Like

I am SO glad I just bought back into the Fuji system. This new body looks perfect. And I have adapters (tilt, helicoid, Fuji original Leia M mount) that for some reason I did not sell when I sold my X-E1. And the updated X-E1 that I just bought is easier to focus MF lenses with than ANY body I have used so far.

This X-T1 looks perfect to me and I love the ISO dial.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

But it will have the Fuji sensor, which IMHO performs superior
    Well, I don't know if 'superior,' but every time I come back to my X-Pro 1, I am always surprised by the beauty if those files.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I would have wished for a sensor different from x-trans. probably a matter of taste though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paratom View Post
    I would have wished for a sensor different from x-trans. probably a matter of taste though.
    I really like the X-Trans sensor. Obviously there are different tastes

Just today I used the XE2 in absolute no go light conditions for other cameras and it still performed wonderfully. Just turn on Auto-HDR and it seems to do the job - at least for me.

So sensor wise the only thing I would want are slightly more MP (20 - 24) and all would be perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fuji Rumors still states that it will be in B&H on the 28th of this month. On their site no info yet, i.e. no way to preorder.

This morning expected prices were listed on Fuji Rumors $1,300 for body only.

I am calling B&H later to see if I can still return my X-E2 as this body is a lot more of what I would prefer. The tilting screen offering is what I am really after.

Paul Caldwell

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it will be in the USD 1800 price range with the new zoom 18-135mm. This would be very competitvely priced when compared to the EM-1 with the 12-40mm.

Post Thanks / Like

And I just bought TWO X-E2's!

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, still two excellent cameras, and extremely capable. And in my experience, if you are planning on working with them, two identical bodies is preferable. I like the new body too but the button and dials are very different to the X-E2's, and in the 'heat of battle' so to speak, this can make a huge difference as to whether you get the shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kit laughlin View Post
    Bill, still two excellent cameras, and extremely capable. And in my experience, if you are planning on working with them, two identical bodies is preferable. I like the new body too but the button and dials are very different to the X-E2's, and in the 'heat of battle' so to speak, this can make a huge difference as to whether you get the shot.
    So then 2 XT1's would win the game

Post Thanks / Like

That would work for me! OTOH, some people are more dextrous than I am, and can use two different bodies quickly. I have found that it's difficult for me to do this.

Post Thanks / Like

That would work for me! OTOH, some people are more dextrous than I am, and can use two different bodies quickly. I have found that it's difficult for me to do this.
    Same for me!

But actually I expect the XE2 and XT1 not to be too different. But there will be differences.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Definitely a VERY promising design with what appears to be a very VERY nice deck layout fore, aft and (especially) topside!

And unlike Sony, the little wonder (with a nice flippable rear LCD no less) will already have an impressive stable of lenses to die for. The 23mm f1.4 and 56mm f1.2 alone will make for a fabulous kit.

And I'm sure the results will bear this out.
    Life is an infinite series of moments called..."now".
    My job is to capture them.

Post Thanks / Like

peterb, I have selected a slightly different range, based around the 27/2.8 ASPH: in my casual snapping around the house this week, this tiny "slow" lens is outstanding and is very sharp wide open, too. Together, a really compact, smooth kit (slips in and out of a small Crumpler bag beautifully compared to the GX-7).

And the CV/12/5.6 seems to work just fine too, without adjustments (distortion, vignetting, colour cast are all available in the menu, though I assume jpegs only). All my 50s work beautifully too, so although the 56/1.2 will be a welcome addition, not just yet I am thinking. What times we live in, photographically!

Post Thanks / Like

More pics some showing it with the grip attached

Rumors | Fuji Rumors

Post Thanks / Like

Damn: that's a fine looking camera. That vertical grip would be a true blessing for event/wedding photographers. A tiny, sold block of goodness...

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent advice. Thanks a lot. I think you have convinced me to stay with the X-E2's for the time being. I do quite like them (obviously since I bought 2 of them) and I'm not sure the layout of the new camera would suit me. So I'm going to just enjoy shooting with the X-E2's for now and see what happens when the X-T1 gets in peoples' hands. If it's not a game-changer, then I'll be a happy camper. And if it is, well ...

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Will this camera have an available smart remote that will allow you to do multi-hour exposure?
    I'm recommending the X-T1 to a friend of mine who shoots long exposures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharokin View Post
    Will this camera have an available smart remote that will allow you to do multi-hour exposure?
    I'm recommending the X-T1 to a friend of mine who shoots long exposures.
    I think it's still a bit early to be certain of very specific features. We should know a lot more on the 28th.

Have you seen Triggertrap? I have no affiliation with the company, and I have not used it, but I was chatting about it with a friend recently and it came to mind when I read your post.

Post Thanks / Like

One feature that might sway me to this body is that outsized viewfinder. I grew up on Nikon F bodies (with the Photomic heads) and the OM 1 and 2 bodies, and no modern cameras have managed to reproduce that spaciousness in the viewing and composting experience, for me. Once the basic ergonomics are sorted, and you have the lenses you need, the number one and most important aspect of the 'making images' experience is had through the view through the finder—no? If this finder yields a significantly better viewing/composing experience, that could be a compelling argument, I feel.
    Kit Laughlin, www.StretchTherapy.net/, www.KitLaughlin.com/bodypress/
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Allyn View Post
    I think it's still a bit early to be certain of very specific features. We should know a lot more on the 28th.

Have you seen Triggertrap? I have no affiliation with the company, and I have not used it, but I was chatting about it with a friend recently and it came to mind when I read your post.
    Sweet! Looks like this could work. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

FUJIFILM X-T1

This one, plus the 56mm f/1.2, will be very hard to resist.

Post Thanks / Like

That's an easy comparison- the DF is much more expensive and got the retro wrong. When you have someone like Chase Jarvis complaining about it...

Now vs the E-M1 is a better question. I would pick this up over an E-M1 any day. The controls just look that much better and so does the EVF (but will have to see).

But that said, as much as I would love to play with one, this isn't the kind of camera I want for most of my current work.

- Ricardo

Post Thanks / Like

I changed my mind! (Big surprise there.) I'm thinking about reserving one. It supposedly will be available here in Japan on Feb. 15.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

... and the promotional video

FUJIFILM X-T1 Promotional Video - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

A very tempting system.... the large viewfinder, with its rotating infos, the fast AF, the matching battery grip, the killer lens 56 f1.2 and the APS-C sensor beside the beautiful color rendition of Fuji and the great skin tones... is it that what i am after for my portraits ??? Have to check ...