Site Sponsors

Thread: Appropriate bags for the X series?

Post Thanks / Like

Appropriate bags for the X series?

I seem to be on the cusp of acquiring at least five more lenses on top of my current 18mm f2.0 for my recently acquired X-Pro1.

These will be...

23mm
    35mm
    60mm
    55-200mm

and subject to reviews, the 10-24mm (let's face it, I'm going to buy it!). Plus I'll also have a bounce flash.

I have a bag for my Nikon gear but as all the Fuji lenses are so compact, they will just swim about in there. Plus I'd like a more stylish and compact bag compared to the rather geeky type I currently have.

Has anyone had a similar situation, where they've wanted a bag that will carry all their lenses as compact and tight as possible? I like the Billingham bags but they're quite pricey and I haven't found one that would carry all of the above so far.

Something along those lines would be nice though.
    Last edited by w44neg; 9th February 2014 at 17:32.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Appropriate bags for the X series?

You might want to check out the Think Tank Retrospective series of bags. I have several of these in different sizes. I have bags in both the Pinestone and Blue Slate colors.

My X-Pro1 with 3 lenses is currently living in a Pinestone Retrospective 7. I have a Sony A7 with 6 lenses in a Pinestone Retrospective 10.

I think the Retrospective 10 would carry everything you noted above and possibly a bit more.

Gary

Retrospective. Shoulder Bags - Think Tank Photo

Post Thanks / Like

I'll echo Gary's suggestion of the TT Retrospective. It's quite well made, and I like that it's fairly discrete as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My favorite bags are the Artisan&Artist line. Discreet, very well made, no flaps on many models (I hate flaps - one extra step to get in the way).
    Brad Husick

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend A&A Image Smith or Black Label Image Smith II bag. It can fit two bodies with lenses mounted plus additional 3-4 lenses.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Think Tank City Walker 20 will take everything you're looking at. I use it to carry X-Pro1 or X-E2, 14, 18-55, 55-200, 60, 23 or 35 plus flash, sync cable plus lot's of room for filters (full RF75 & grads kit), batteries etc plus also a tablet. It can also take 2 bodies with less lenses if you so desire.

I know that a lot of people like really tightly packed compact bags but with a system like the X series, whenever you add a new lens you'll end up needing another bigger bag.

Another really good bag that fit's everything including flash is the Crumpler Enthusiast sling pack. I used this with X-Pro1 and X100s combination plus lenses, iPad and flash & synch cables.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like

I wrote a blogpost on my favorite bags for mirror less cameras:
    Link | Format | LisaOsta's blog