Site Sponsors

Thread: Just had a clearout...

Senior Member Nathan W. Lediard's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just had a clearout...

A couple of years ago I made the move up from Canon as main camera system to Hasselblad, and my canon gear got relegated to pretty much reserve usage... (although I did keep alot of stuff and get a 1Dx to replace my worn out 1DsmkIII)

Now I have been using the Fuji Xpro-1 a lot as a back-up-- I can fit the fuji and a good selection of lenses in the same bag as the hassy and my usual lenses.. so today I made a decision... and had a big clear out... Leaving a bare minimum Canon kit for when I really need the firepower, but moving the fuji kit up as main back-up.. So i packed a box off to my dealer today with:

EF 24 f1,4LII
    EF 85 f1,2LII
    EF 50 f1,2L
    EF 24-105L
    5DmkII
    and a couple of extenders I never use anymore...

Now the good bit...

At the same time I placed an order for an XT-1 with a 56 f1.2 and a 10-24 f4

My bag just got a whole lot lighter, and the image quality is just as good...
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just had a clearout...

Out of curiosity, what Canon gear did you hold onto? I am in a similar position of trying to decide what to keep and what to sell.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I kept my 1Dx, 16-35L 24-70f2.8: 70-200f4L and my 135f2L I can do just about any job with that.
    I also kept my 1DsmkIII, but that's mainly because its so well used no-one would have it... hehe...
    I sold my big whites (300f2.8 and 200f2) when I moved to medium format...
    The gear I traded in was my least used after the move.. once you have shot the HC150n then the canon 85 just doesnt cut the mustard anymore...

So the Fuji will be a very good back-up to have on commercial shoots and at about half the space if not weight

Right now i have this fuji gear:
    X100 (original)
    X-pro1
    XF35
    XF23
    XF 18-55
    XF55-200

After I get my new gear you can add the 56 1.2, the 10-24 and the XT-1 to the list... a pretty complete set-up really. I got to shoot the XT-1 recently and was impressed.. as for the 56 1.2 I just cant wait to get mine

Hassy I have H4D-40 with 28, 80, 150 and the 50-110.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the canon stuff has gone.. and I got a better deal than I expected so ordered the grip as well and still got change enough for the 60mm macro or the 14mm... decisions!
    Just got a confirmed date (4th of april) for the 56 and the grip,, unconfirmed still on the 10-24 and the XT-1...