Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: X-E2 and X-T1 finally supported by Aperture

  1. #1
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    X-E2 and X-T1 finally supported by Aperture

    In the Digital Camera RAW Compatability update 5.04

    I haven't tested it yet!

    Just this guy you know
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #2
    Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X-E2 and X-T1 finally supported by Aperture

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    In the Digital Camera RAW Compatability update 5.04

    I haven't tested it yet!
    Yowsah


    Bob

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, California
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X-E2 and X-T1 finally supported by Aperture

    All right!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X-E2 and X-T1 finally supported by Aperture

    Good for them.

    Not often Lightroom lags so far behind in getting support. There must be something more going on with them at the moment that is keeping what should be a minor change from being rolled out.

    Doug

  5. #5
    Senior Member Ario Arioldi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    784
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X-E2 and X-T1 finally supported by Aperture

    Quote Originally Posted by greypilgrim View Post
    Good for them.

    Not often Lightroom lags so far behind in getting support. There must be something more going on with them at the moment that is keeping what should be a minor change from being rolled out.

    Doug
    I suspect we are not going to have soon a LR 5.4 but a LR 6.0, this may be the reason for not updating LR at the same time as ACR.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Braeside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fife, Scotland (UK)
    Posts
    1,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X-E2 and X-T1 finally supported by Aperture

    Hurrah! - Looking good to me, though I was pretty darned happy with the X-T1 JPG output anyway.
    David Anderson

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X-E2 and X-T1 finally supported by Aperture

    Quote Originally Posted by Ario Arioldi View Post
    I suspect we are not going to have soon a LR 5.4 but a LR 6.0, this may be the reason for not updating LR at the same time as ACR.
    That could be a long wait as we have not seen any of the usual customer betas.

    I thought I saw references to 5.4 versions being in a closed beta, but that could be standard rumor fodder.

    Waiting for a 6.0 and having to immediately adopt it would be annoying. Worse yet, if they decided to do the creative cloud thing would be a mess. I know they've stated they won't do that for LR, but that only holds so much.

    Doug

  8. #8
    Senior Member Braeside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fife, Scotland (UK)
    Posts
    1,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X-E2 and X-T1 finally supported by Aperture

    A "Green Shot" from Aperture and the X-T1.


    David Anderson
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #9
    Member gDallasK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Argyll, Scotland
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X-E2 and X-T1 finally supported by Aperture

    Hmmm ...... your "Green Shot" prompted me to look again at Aperture which I have owned for a long time but tended to ignore due to my greater familiarity with Adobe's products. After processing a couple of my own RAF files from the X-T1 I'm wondering if my initial impression of slightly better rendering of foliage is also seen by others?
    Geoff
    Too many cameras, too little time.
    www.pbase.com/gDallasK

  10. #10
    Senior Member douglasf13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    1,965
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: X-E2 and X-T1 finally supported by Aperture

    Quote Originally Posted by gDallasK View Post
    Hmmm ...... your "Green Shot" prompted me to look again at Aperture which I have owned for a long time but tended to ignore due to my greater familiarity with Adobe's products. After processing a couple of my own RAF files from the X-T1 I'm wondering if my initial impression of slightly better rendering of foliage is also seen by others?
    With Aperture, you get less of the painterly look of Adobe, but, in its place, you get these odd areas of green/purple color artifacts with little speckles. You can see it a bit in the tree at the top left of Dave's 100% view window.

  11. #11
    Not Available
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X-E2 and X-T1 finally supported by Aperture

    Not sure if C1 supports the Fuji, but it generally outperforms both LR and Aperture. Might also give RAW Developer a shot.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X-E2 and X-T1 finally supported by Aperture

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Negative View Post
    Not sure if C1 supports the Fuji, but it generally outperforms both LR and Aperture. Might also give RAW Developer a shot.
    C1 supports all the X cameras up to and including the X-T1 and for me does so very well
    maurice da silva solis

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •