The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X-T1 firmware and Instax printer?

bradhusick

There's no mention of direct support for the Instax printer in the December firmware announcement for the X-T1. Does anybody know if this is coming?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Not sure about this one. I'm also interested as I use the Instax with my iPhone and also an X-M1 too. I did see a list of capabilities with the new firmware somewhere online today that mentioned the Instax but only in the context of printing from iOS or Android devices along with the X-T1.

The fact that the X-M1 has support shows at least that there isn't necessarily an X-Trans sensor limitation (plus you're only sending jpgs anyway to the printer).

Trying to find that mention ... google isn't my friend today but I definitely read the statements above somewhere and I believe it may have been on the Fuji site.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Ok, it was the X-T1 Silver press release at dpreview:

- Free FUJIFILM Camera Remote application and Wireless Communication function allows users to remotely shoot images from smartphones and tablets via WiFi

- Photos can be sent to the INSTAX Share Printer using the free INSTAX Share App (iOS and Android) SHARE Smartphone Printer

The latter would suggest no changes in respect of Instax support because you can do this today already.