The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need help with X-E1 firmware update

ron lacy

I have a X-e1 that is using firmware update 2.10. I recently bought a 56 1.2 lens to use with this camera. To use this lens properly I need to update to firmware 2.30. I have tried this several times and have not been successful. Each time I try to update the firmware in the camera I get a message that says the firmware cannot be found. However, it is on the SD card. This is very frustrating. I have tried several times, using various cards and various iterations of the process but haven't had any luck. The only thing I can think of is that I never updated the firmware to version 2.20 and perhaps I can't skip an upgrade. But I can't find version 2.20 on the Fuji site so I don't know if that is an issue or not. I have sent two email to Fuji Support but have not gotten a response. Can anyone help me with this upgrade? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Ron

rayyan

Hi Ron.

Welcome to GetDPI.

First you do not need to update to firmware 2.2 The latest version 2.3 includes all that is contained in ver 2.2 plus some more.

Use a sd card freshly formatted in the XE-1.

Are you copying the downloaded firmware to the root directory, and not in some sub directory of the sd card. I know it is a simple thing, but just making sure. Not in a folder either.

Make sure no lens is attached to the XE-1.

Are you following the procedure correctly to update the XE-1. That is pressing the 'on/off' button while holding the 'display/back' button till the menu comes up for cam or lens upgrade. And choosing the cam update.

If you have followed all instructions correctly, there should be no issue.
Just try to go step by step.

And let us know.

Good Luck.

I have a X-e1 that is using firmware update 2.10. I recently bought a 56 1.2 lens to use with this camera. To use this lens properly I need to update to firmware 2.30. I have tried this several times and have not been successful. Each time I try to update the firmware in the camera I get a message that says the firmware cannot be found. However, it is on the SD card. This is very frustrating. I have tried several times, using various cards and various iterations of the process but haven't had any luck. The only thing I can think of is that I never updated the firmware to version 2.20 and perhaps I can't skip an upgrade. But I can't find version 2.20 on the Fuji site so I don't know if that is an issue or not. I have sent two email to Fuji Support but have not gotten a response. Can anyone help me with this upgrade? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Ron

ron lacy

Thank you for the detailed reply. I do believe I have done all of these steps.

I will re-read your advice and try again. I appreciate your help. I have updated the camera for past upgrades and had no problem. Maybe there is something I am overlooking this time.

Thanks again.

Ron

ron lacy

I have tried again to upgrade my X-E1 to firmware version 2.3. Again it was unsuccessful. I followed your directions--and Fuji's directions--exactly. I am not sure what to do next.

This upgrade is supposed to allow me to use all of the capabilities of the 56 1.2. I am not sure of the details of the upgrade, but I assume Fuji wouldn't have gone to the trouble to providing the upgrade unless it was needed. Now I have an expensive lens that works on my camera, but I feel like I am not getting all of the benefits from the lens/camera combo that should be available. Very frustrating.

PS-Still no reply from Fuji support on my request for help. Even more frustrating.

ron lacy

Well, finally successful.

The firmware upgrade is titled: FWUP000.1 Dat. I had downloaded it multiple times while trying to get the firmware installed. I noticed that the firmware I downloaded today was titled: FWUP000.1-2 Dat. The firmware was still on the SD card so I edited the name to remove the -2 and it worked. I guess when I downloaded the upgrade multiple times, my Mac added the -2 extension to the filename to distinguish it from the original.

Frustrating, but now done.

Rayyan, thanks for your help. I may need it again in the future!

Thanks again,
Ron