The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Across Java

Sapphie

Lee ( sapphire was correct..do not chase the painterly effect..one is bound to find it!! ). Here are three images. Fuji rendering of foliage is very very satisfactory for
me. I do not want to chase any more ghosts.

I do have an explanation for this effect. Later..

I do not notice any ' painterly effect ' etc.

I believe that Fuji have a secret sauce for Asian and S.E. Asian Foliage. No harm asking them if it could be adapted to the Western greens.

Very responsive company that; Fuji. You never know.
I am relieved that you didn't find it an issue and would be interested to hear your 'explanation'. I recently processed some shots in LR and Iridient and sent them off for printing, along with the JPEGs. I tried to get them all to look as satisfactory as I wanted on-screen. Of course, in addition to some differences in how the sharpening looks they also differ slightly in colour and contrast. The prints were 12x8 glossy, not enormous but big enough. I could barely tell the difference between them but most of the time I preferred the JPEGs!! I am learning how to look at pictures in LR now at 1:2 rather than 1:1. I am hoping that I am cured of my tendency to look for the occasional weirdness of X-trans at 100% viewing and the energy-draining comparisons in RAW converters!

Lee

rayyan

Hello Lee.

Lee, I do not have an explanation. Simply because I either did not have the issue or that I am unable to detect it.

The Fuji XT-1 was, and is, a joy to use. A beautiful tool. It did what I had taken it for. A very capable machine and with the kit zoom lens, it in most instances never let me down. The cam took the wet/humid and muddy environment in its stride.

Light, less bulky, superb glass for my needs and the files are just gorgeous.
The autofocus needs to be a bit faster and the lag time ( discussed in Jorgen's thread re: the D810 ) needs to be improved.

It shall be with me on my next travels..that's for sure.

Thank you and kindest regards.

I am relieved that you didn't find it an issue and would be interested to hear your 'explanation'. I recently processed some shots in LR and Iridient and sent them off for printing, along with the JPEGs. I tried to get them all to look as satisfactory as I wanted on-screen. Of course, in addition to some differences in how the sharpening looks they also differ slightly in colour and contrast. The prints were 12x8 glossy, not enormous but big enough. I could barely tell the difference between them but most of the time I preferred the JPEGs!! I am learning how to look at pictures in LR now at 1:2 rather than 1:1. I am hoping that I am cured of my tendency to look for the occasional weirdness of X-trans at 100% viewing and the energy-draining comparisons in RAW converters!

Lee