The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

56 1.2 APD disappointment!

Nathan W. Lediard

Well whilst on an assignment on an offshore lifeboat north of the arctic circle on th enorth west coast of Norway I encountered some serious waves resulting a brief but fantastic weightless experience followed by a very hard meeting with the deck... My 56 1.2 did not survive this meeting.. I put in an otrder for a replacement right away and my dealer told me the APD was just around the corner so I ordered one and weighted...

The package came friday.... I opend the box "et voila!" a standard 56 f1.2 :wtf:

Disappointed, I called my dealer... 1001 apologies and the APD is on its way and the order plucker is being sendt off for an eye test ;)

I might get it before everything grinds to a halt for xmas... :)

Hulyss Bowman

I tried the APD of a friend and ... I will not say I was disappointed but it is hard to see a real difference with my 56 1.2. It's just like the camera underexpose/vignette a bit and the same result can be achieved when using fully the XT-1.

I will say that the difference between the APD and the non APD is like the difference between Silver XT-1 and Black XT-1 >> a very tiny cosmetic variation.

bradhusick

I tried the APD of a friend and ... I will not say I was disappointed but it is hard to see a real difference with my 56 1.2. It's just like the camera underexpose/vignette a bit and the same result can be achieved when using fully the XT-1.

I will say that the difference between the APD and the non APD is like the difference between Silver XT-1 and Black XT-1 >> a very tiny cosmetic variation.
I can say without a doubt that I take better pictures with the silver X-T1 than I did with the black one. ;)

Amin

I don't understand why they created this version. The original version has very pleasing bokeh.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I don't understand why they created this version. The original version has very pleasing bokeh.
I fully agree! never saw and still don't see any sense behind this lens. If one has to look twice to see the difference then there is something wrong .....

Fuji film is really a great company but I would like more is they spent their time and resources developing less of such not so necessary products!

Hulyss Bowman

I fully agree! never saw and still don't see any sense behind this lens. If one has to look twice to see the difference then there is something wrong .....

Fuji film is really a great company but I would like more is they spent their time and resources developing less of such not so necessary products!
Yea. They said once that they will continue making strange products and I hope they will try a TS lens :p

Meanwhile I crafted myself an APD lens out of the 35 f1.4 !

ND filter and spot editing in the centre of the image in post.

MCTuomey

I have a fondness for ridiculous contraptions (example - my GX680). I would like Fuji to continue their loopy product development! A TS lens, Hulyss, well why not? Or 1-5x macro lens like the MPE 65 recently discontinued by Canon?