The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Xt1 viewfinder question

johnnygoesdigital

I've been playing with an xt1 recently and love the camera's feel. I did however notice ghosting in the viewfinder from bright objects such as a window. When looking through the vf you can actually see a secondary image of the same object just off center. I thought this was a flare at first, but when taking a pic, the image is still visible in the vf. I haven't uploaded to see if it replicates in the actual raw/jpg, but doesn't seem to be when looking at the LCD. I can even read some data "burned" in the viewfinder after taking a pic. I never noticed this when demoing a graphite version, so maybe it's a firmware fix. It's pretty annoying.

johnnygoesdigital

I realized that I didn't actually ask a question. Has anyone noticed any burned in graphics off center or a flare-like image when looking through the viewfinder in a darker room setting? When I point the camera at a bright object, such as a window, I can see the faded, flare like image of the window off center from the original composition. After taking the pic, I can see the ISO, shutter,aperture setting, etc. burned in slightly too, but only in the VF.

I'd appreciate if anyone could try to take an image under these conditions to see if they can replicate this. I think there's some issue of a Vf light leak or electronic glitch. I really life this camera with XF lenses. Probably the nicest gear I've used for any editorial or portrait session...even better than any MFD I've used.

MCTuomey

Nothing like what you describe with my X-T1 over the past year. And I shoot a fair amount in dark clubs and music venues.

JonMo

I can't replicate the problem on mine.

Try some gaffer tape over the AF assist light to see if it is leaking?

johnnygoesdigital

JonMo, I'll try that, thanks for the feedback. It's good to know it's not common, as I mentioned before, I love this rig, so will swap for another. I've never seen a camera so well supported with almost every conceivable focal length available in a prime or zoom. Can't wait for the newer lenses too.
Thanks again.