The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Peace March

GaryAyala

A friend owns a Doughnut shop in one of the poorer sections of Los Angeles. They were robbed and my friend's brother wrestled with the robber and was fatally stabbed. The community organized a Peace March as both a stand against violence and in memory of Andy Ung.

Thanks for Viewing,
Gary

Mike Z

Gary,
I am so sorry to hear of the death of this young man Andy
I taught karate for many years when I was younger and I used tell my students that they should avoid fighting unless their life was at risk.
No wallet or credit card is worth you life.
To see what has happened to this young man Andy over money in a clash register is heart breaking.
Your photographs show the anguish.

GaryAyala

Gary,
I am so sorry to hear of the death of this young man Andy
I taught karate for many years when I was younger and I used tell my students that they should avoid fighting unless their life was at risk.
No wallet or credit card is worth you life.
To see what has happened to this young man Andy over money in a clash register is heart breaking.
Your photographs show the anguish.
You gave your students wise words Mike. While money was certainly the motive for the robbery ... i think it was pride and insult which caused Andy to respond with anger instead of good and common sense.

Thank you for your comments.

Gary