The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which Fuji For Weddings

rollsman44

Anyone using Fuji Camera/ lenses for Weddings? I now shoot with DSLR and wanted to see if I can downsize to smaller camera with Great IQ

dmward

I use XT-1s and a collection of lenses.
I used Canon 5D, 5DII, and 5DIII as they were available.
Transitioned to the XT-1 last year after it became available. Now that the F2.8 zooms are in the kit I use them mostly, sometimes a prime.

Nycole and Svetlana are two examples on this page: http://dmwfotos.com/weddings/galleries/

Faintandfuzzy

I use an X-Pro1 primarily for weddings...alongside a Nikon F5 and Fuji film. For me, the 18-55, the 23 and 35 are my main lenses...with a little bit of the 56. The Fuji is the closest thing to using film that I have found.

Maybe an X100T for a few shots but really none because half the guests will have them already. At 3/5 weddings somebody has an X100 or XT1. The people I know who did the whole Fuji thing lasted +/- 6 months before they were in the market for a full frame again. There is a reason why everybody wanted FF cameras and sold their Nikon's in the D2X era. Now we have the D750 which is almost a perfect wedding camera and folks want to get back into flat small sensor images again, when what we should be clamoring for are more medium format offerings. SMH.

Fuji needs to make a pair of FF X100 bodies. One color, one monocrhome. Then you have your wedding set.