Site Sponsors

Thread: Fuji new firmware for X-T1 Version 4.0

Post Thanks / Like

Fuji new firmware for X-T1 Version 4.0

I have to give it to Fuji. They really take care of their customers. Please spare me the "they shipped half baked camera and now they are adding the features" if you think that way- Fuji is under no obligation to do this and the X-T1 was not "half baked" when it shipped. Those who bought it could read the feature set in a box and make the purchase decision right there and then.

Substantial firmware updates for the X-T1, delivering a new AF system for better capture of moving subjects among other improvements | Fujifilm Global

Look at the movie.

TOP : X-T1? FUJIFILM

- Ricardo
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuji new firmware for X-T1 Version 4.0

+1

Quote Originally Posted by raist3d View Post
    I have to give it to Fuji. They really take care of their customers. Please spare me the "they shipped half baked camera and now they are adding the features" if you think that way- Fuji is under no obligation to do this and the X-T1 was not "half baked" when it shipped. Those who bought it could read the feature set in a box and make the purchase decision right there and then.

Substantial firmware updates for the X-T1, delivering a new AF system for better capture of moving subjects among other improvements | Fujifilm Global

Look at the movie.

TOP : X-T1? FUJIFILM

- Ricardo

Post Thanks / Like

This attitude of Fuji substantially improving and updating via FW existing cameras is really remarkable.

Post Thanks / Like

Really remarkable - especially after watching the video!

Kind of getting the impression that it is now as versatile and fast as the EM1.

Waiting and see how the new 120-400 will perform with it, that would be a 180-600 equivalent and this combination might bring me back into Fuji (and out of Olympus) for my mirrorless stuff.

KUDOS to Fuji!
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

+1

Very very impressive!

Post Thanks / Like

Here more details on the new AF
    http://www.fujirumors.com/using-firmware-4/

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree. I am perfectly happy with the camera as is, and yet they keep giving me more without requiring me to buy a new camera. Makes the price of admission lower given that they keep adding after the purchase has been made.

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

It will be interesting to see the new AF features and how effective they are for my shooting.
    I like the 0.5EV threshold for AF in dim light. That will help me.

The other AF features are welcome but may be less important for me personally.

I also like the EV compensation with Auto ISO. That completes the auto options available with the three elements of the exposure triad.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree they have been fantastic with their support and adding new features. Many other manufacturers should take note.

Although I am happy with the camera I do wish that they would expand the exposure bracketing, that would be a useful addition as well.

Alan
    Alan Smallbone
    Orange County, CA
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/aps-photo/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Really remarkable - especially after watching the video!

Kind of getting the impression that it is now as versatile and fast as the EM1.

Waiting and see how the new 120-400 will perform with it, that would be a 180-600 equivalent and this combination might bring me back into Fuji (and out of Olympus) for my mirrorless stuff.

KUDOS to Fuji!
    I really don't think it will match the E-M1. At least with most lenses, but it should be a notable improvement over the current.

- Ricardo

Post Thanks / Like

I notice in the video that there are certain "recommended lenses" for each of the new features. I wonder if that means that those features either won't work or won't work as well with lenses other than the ones that are recommended. I certainly don't have a few grand to spend on new lenses to get the new features to work.

Post Thanks / Like

Samsung is doing the same with their NX1.

They are providing multiple massive firmware updates that greatly improve the functionality of an already extremely capable camera.

Yesterday's big update delivered a large improvement to both stills and video.

If Fuji's top cameras are now focusing decently fast that would mean that Samsung, Olympus, Panasonic, the Sony A6000, and Fuji all have AF which is more than speedy enough for typical usage.

I have declined to buy Fuji a number of times specifically because of their slow AF. Possibly, that reason is no longer valid. Of course, I just bought into Samsung so no new camera systems for awhile.

Best,

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

ohnri- all cameras today are now good. We are living in that era. Enjoy your Samsung.

As for Fuji I think the new AF won't match Olympus but it will come close at least in some situations and it will be a notable jump from where they were. As you said- perhaps the AF will no longer be a sticking issue. I also expect it to be quite accurate now - at least single point mode.

- Ricardo

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon.

Anyone downloaded the final version 4.0 firmware yet?

I never was a beta tester. With cameras or firmware.

Thoughts and views please.

Well done Fuji...at least I can delay starting a new thread on XYZ impressions/fun with XYZ.

Post Thanks / Like

I did it. Actually I had also installed the Fujileaks version on one camera a week ago and it was fine (now it has been overwritten by the official FW without any problem). Two main improvement I noticed: one is the ability to AF in very dark conditions, at least much darker then before, the other one, which needs some training on my side, is the AFc with 3 different settings to choose from, depending on the shooting conditions (and on the photographer skills).

Post Thanks / Like

Downloaded and installed easy enough. Just need to figure out were the changes are and apply them.
    "There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer." - Ansel Adams

Post Thanks / Like

The new AF system is explained in detail here:
    http://fujifilm-x.com/af/en/af_technology/index.html

Post Thanks / Like

"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer." - Ansel Adams