The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

XE-1 files look painterly

synn

In case it is “bloated looking” perhaps you should reduce your sharpening in C1. I get by far the best sharpening results with Focusmagic.

Focusmagic analyzes the loss of sharpness during the capture process and corrects it, so to speak. Incredible sharpness while at the same time you’ll get no halo’s.
Yep, for Fuji files, I only do moderate sharpening and clarity adjustments in C1P (In fact, my clarity settings for Fuji are slightly negative) and the final sharpening happens in Focusmagic.

Paul2660

I have tried that, as I use Focus Magic pretty much on everything, from Phase to iPhone. I feel that if you export a Fuji file from C1 with out any sharpening, you can't recover enough of the detail later on. I realize that is just my preference.

I agree that Focus Magic is a great tool, and can pull out some amazing details.

Paul