Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: X-Pro2

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

X-Pro2

I hope it's not too good. It might be a temptation that could be hard to resist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsCN...ature=youtu.be

Post Thanks / Like

Re: X-Pro2

Really looking forward to this
    La gallina vecchia fa buon brodo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fuji, baby! Yeah!
    Monochrome: http://mochro.com

Post Thanks / Like

Will be hard decisions between XPRO2 and PenF ....
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Will be hard decisions between XPRO2 and PenF ....
    If I should choose, I think I would choose the Fuji, but that's for my use, which would mainly be travel photography.

- I assume it will still have the hybrid viewfinder
    - Sensor is larger, and will be great in combination with legacy glass and a Speed Booster

But at the moment, I'm rather happy with what I have

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Love the Fuji system. Just not the body of the X-pro.

Will wait for X-T2 or what ever.

It will be interesting to see some raw files. One of the rumors is uncompressed raw. Also curious on noise issues since this is still a APS-C chip.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul2660 View Post
    Love the Fuji system. Just not the body of the X-pro.

Will wait for X-T2 or what ever.

It will be interesting to see some raw files. One of the rumors is uncompressed raw. Also curious on noise issues since this is still a APS-C chip.

Paul
    No rumors anymore. I have gotten an email from Camera-info.com. There was a leak on the australian Fuji Site. They have PDFs of the official website with specs of the X-Pro2

http://www.forums.camera-info.com/th...essions.11197/

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to say that after a 4 year wait, this is underwhelming to say the least. There was no need for Fuji to wait 4 years to upgrade this camera.

Post Thanks / Like

I must say the more details come out about the X Pro2, the less interesting this camera gets. Especially the EVF with 2.3MP is old technology, since the Epson display with 4.4MP is already state of the art.

Post Thanks / Like

I must say the more details come out about the X Pro2, the less interesting this camera gets. Especially the EVF with 2.3MP is old technology, since the Epson display with 4.4MP is already state of the art.
    Don't get too excited about that Epson tech. I've tried the SL a bunch of times and even once next to a A7sII. I prefer the Sony finder. The SL's finder does show fewer pixels nd things have less of a rough edge around them, but the actual screen sucks. Tones just look weird, blacks even worse, and you still need to zoom in to focus. The XT-1's finder is still probably the best I have used, and only because it has better magnification than the current Sony's. Leica sycophants can't admit this but that EVF sucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I agree the LCD on the X-T1 is one of the best. Hoping that with the X-T2 or whatever it is called, similar or even better LCD will be used.

Paul C
    Paul Caldwell
    [email protected]
    www.photosofarkansas.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Off-topic... Vivek, I have to chip in here, sorry - I'm sure you already know this but for posterity - camera makers use "dots" as units for EVFs to inflate numbers. There are three dots per pixel (RGB), so a 2.3 million dot display really is 1024x768 or thereabout, and Epson's 4.4M dot EVF display is probably 1440x1050. So we're not yet at 1080p EVFs.

Update: here are Epson's specs: http://www.epson.jp/osirase/2015/151..._news_151209_2
    Indeed it is 1440x1050 (SXGA+).
    -Lars
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Speedgraphic View Post
    Leica sycophants can't admit this but that EVF sucks.
    I don't know what sets "Leica sycophants" apart from other Leica users, but apparently, the viewfinders of their cameras double as a vacuum cleaner.

- Is that a standard feature on the SL or must it be ordered as an add-on?
    - Is the feature only available to sycophants, or can anybody order it?

--

As for the X-Pro2, I went through the most important features, and it seems to have what I would require from this kind of camera:

- Hybrid viewfinder as on the previous model, but with diopter adjustment added
    - 24MP
    - Mechanical shutter, 1/8,000s, electronic/mechanical shutter, 1/32,000s
    - Buffer that rooms 83 frames of losslesly compressed RAW at 8fps.
    - 2 SD slots

Hopefully, image quality is at least on par with the older model. All in all, this looks exactly like the camera that I was expecting from Fuji. I won't rule this model out at all. It's the only mirrorless camera with a hybrid viewfinder and with the specifications above, it seems to be able to compete with any crop sensor body out there, and some of those with full frame. With some luck, they've improved video quality as well.
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 14th January 2016 at 22:20.
    Things I sell: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/epixx?language=en
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

camera looks promising love to put the 100-400 on it just for fun

Post Thanks / Like

Ok folks, had another look at the final specs and material about the X Pro2 and must eat my words from yesterday!

This is an interesting camera. Very interesting in fact. Maybe the EVF resolution is good enough when it is as in the XT1, but all the other advancements are just great. Cannot wait to get my hands on one!

Post Thanks / Like

I might ditch the A7IIr for this one. Looks, feels, works like a real camera and the RF gestalt with hybrid VF provides a unique user experience.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lost your mind?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Lost your mind?
    Sometimes the heart wins, sometimes the brain. The outcome is unpredictable with emotional consumer products
    Some call it "GAS".

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lost your mind?
    I can see several reasons why I would choose this Fuji over any Sony mirrorless:

- The hybrid viewfinder
    - A rather complete range of native lenses from Fuji ranging from 15-600mm eqv., plus a 1.4x TC
    - I like the output from Fuji
    - I like the ergonomics of the Fuji bodies, including real aperture rings etc.
    - I prefer a camera maker that spends 4 years to develop the next model rather than launching a few of them every 12 months.

... but that's me.
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jorgen, You aren't buying any of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_camera.html

1,700 US.

Hope someone will share some raw files.

Paul C

Post Thanks / Like

Must say that I would also buy a Fuji over all Sony models after all miserable experiences I had with them. Sony just let me completely down me off with their A900 and follow on strategy. And I even got 2 more used Sony Zeiss lenses for it (or the A99) - the 85 and the 135, which I sold again after a while as there was no mirror body coming and also no real replacement for the A mount, although there were always promises. And I am happy so far not to have entered Sony territory again since then.

Fuji I always liked (XPro1, XE2 and XT1) but sold them because AF was not quite there despite all the FW updates, as well as resolution.

Now the XPro2 brings the AF capabilities I need for wildlife, combined with that lovely hybrid VF. And the 100-400 which would just be a dream lens for me. Plus the additional resolution. And I just found that one can get Fuji lenses for very attractive prices (used or almost new) on eBay, so this is becoming really a big temptation. And I always loved the Fuji colors, actually much more than the Oly colors, although many here did not agree to that (remember the long epic discussions about weird greens and artifacts, which I never could make appear as hard as I even tried ).

So far I kept the EM1 just for long reach and wildlife, but the Fuji sensor is larger (APSC versus m43) and offers already 24MP (Oly and Pana will best reach 20MP in the next 4 years in their top models) so from this considerations a switch would be a no brainer. The only camera from stopping me right now is the D500, which would even better fit into my Nikon ecosystem and be likely overall on top of the XPro2. But hey, then the D500 never will be a rangefinder (or hybrid view camera).

Decisions are really hard

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fuji also announced the long awaited 100-400 lens, at 1.9K US, will have to wait for the next round of rebates!!

Paul C

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...4_5_5_6_r.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jorgen, You aren't buying any of them.
    Hopefully, you are right, Vivek. I just bought a GM5 which is great fun The D500 is obviously on my shopping list, and will replace all other F-mount bodies except the D810. The "problem" with owning very good cameras is that it isn't easy to find an excuse to use anything else. The D810 is such a camera, and my workflow is centered around the resolution, the flat colour profile and the enormous DR that this camera offers.

When that has been said, the X-Pro2 does have some unique features, and if the video quality is good too... it will be tempting
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 15th January 2016 at 13:53.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately the D500 is so good, especially when one is already invested in the Nikon camp, that there are almost no real arguments not to buy it.

The XPro2 is nevertheless a totally different object of desire and tempting to throw aboard all logical considerations. But well, we only live once

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Speedgraphic View Post
    Don't get too excited about that Epson tech. I've tried the SL a bunch of times and even once next to a A7sII. I prefer the Sony finder. The SL's finder does show fewer pixels nd things have less of a rough edge around them, but the actual screen sucks. Tones just look weird, blacks even worse, and you still need to zoom in to focus. The XT-1's finder is still probably the best I have used, and only because it has better magnification than the current Sony's. Leica sycophants can't admit this but that EVF sucks.
    Pssssht - I've just spent a day shooting with M lenses on the SL - mostly with the 75 'cron at f2, and I've not zoomed in to focus once. Of course, you're entitled to dislike it, but you don't have to be a Leica sycophant to think it's good. Whatever

I do agree that the 4m dots of the SL finder is not the be-all and end-all. The X-T1 finder was great (as is the latest Olympus finder) and I'm sure that the EVF on this camera will be good as well - it looks like a fantastic camera to me - really excellent - the only criticism I can find is that I still don't like the slanting top plate (but that's also just a matter of taste). I'm quite tempted personally.

Just this guy you know
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    ...the only criticism I can find is that I still don't like the slanting top plate...
    I KNEW you'd bring that up FWIW I agree with you, it's function before form resulting in a design that is (slightly) less pleasing to the eye.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSRockit View Post
    I'd have to say that after a 4 year wait, this is underwhelming to say the least. There was no need for Fuji to wait 4 years to upgrade this camera.
    I honestly thought Fuji got bored with the hybrid viewfinder thingy and the X-Pro1 was the start and the end of the line.
    Because of the long wait I find it completely bizarre that they bring this out with a flagship sensor...
    The X-Pro market within Fuji buyers has to be a minority now compared to X-E and X-T buyers.
    If they'd have incrementally upgraded inside the X-Pro line to keep interest it would make more sense.

I bought a used X-E1 rather than an X-Pro1 mainly because although they were both available cheaply, everyone said the X-Pro1 had a worse EVF ... and the EVF on my X-E1 turned out to be rather shockingly bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    ... the only criticism I can find is that I still don't like the slanting top plate (but that's also just a matter of taste). I'm quite tempted personally.
    The slanting top plate must be there for the camera not to be confused with one of those pesky German imitations. You wouldn't be mistaken for being a Leica sycophant, would you Jono? I mean, really... I hope I'm not mistaken about you... oh no...!

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Personally I think that Fuji announced a worthy successor to the XPro1 and the only feature missing that I saw was the tilting rear LCD screen.

It it was interesting to hear the discussions about the hybrid viewfinder on some of the vlogs where consensus is becoming that the pure EVF these days is good enough and that a lot of users aren't using hybrid mode so much any more. I enjoyed having the option and I would think that Fuji kept it as much as for a competitive differentiator vs a technical necessity.

If I were still shooting Fuji then I'd have my order in for an XPro2 immediately. However, I wouldn't be rushing out to swap an XT1 for one yet as inevitably the XT2 will incorporate the key functional upgrades soon enough. I went from 2x XPro1's to XPro1/XT1/XE2 combo because of the XT1 ergonomics & XE2 size but overall I liked the XPro1 form factor. Other than the LCD, Fuji have addressed the ergonomics and functionality differentiators that the XT1 introduced.

The new lenses look excellent. I never had any concerns about the Fuji lenses whatsoever and they seem to have continued to produce premium optics.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The first review is out. It's done by a genuine photographer and Fuji enthusiast, so no pixel peeping.
    Warning: Reading of the review may damage your wallet!

http://jonasraskphotography.com/2016...x-pro2-review/

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

And another review, two actually:

http://blog.nathanelson.com/shooting...e-fuji-x-pro2/

Post Thanks / Like

the international promo video wasnt that great, but did find alot of pretty good first impressions on fuji japan youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/FUJIFILMjapan
    Keep It Simple.
    XQ2 / A7r / 15mm / 25mm / 28-35-50mm
    EOS M3 / 18-35mm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    The first review is out. It's done by a genuine photographer and Fuji enthusiast, so no pixel peeping.
    Warning: Reading of the review may damage your wallet!

http://jonasraskphotography.com/2016...x-pro2-review/
    Especially this review is starting the damage, I already can feel it

Post Thanks / Like

I swore I didn't need another camera ever again, however I am severely tempted to upgrade my X-Pro 1 which is still my favourite camera despite also having the X-T1.

I should really dispose of all of my M mount lenses and my GXR M-mount as I am not using them at all. Better they are used than sit in my cupboard. I kept them in case I ever went mad and bought another Leica rangefinder. But quite honestly I find the Fujifilm system so good for my needs that I have little desire to change.

I might keep keep the X-Pro 1 for infrared as it is worth so little on the used market now, Fuji are not Leica and don't hold their value.

Whether I keep the X-T1 remains to be seen, it does have the benefit of the optional vertical grip with battery and a tilting LCD. I can't imagine it will be long until the new sensor and processor is put in an X-T2, then we will be having another discussion I guess.

Happy new year to everyone.
    David Anderson
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Either this is a very good camera, or the people at Fuji are geniuses at marketing. These videos and photos of and by real photographers hit me right there in my photographic heart. Love of photography is clearly well and alive at Fuji.

This camera doesn't have as many megapixels as my D810, but maybe it's close enough. It isn't as fast as and doesn't have a buffer as deep as my planned D500, but close enough. It's clearly just as beautiful as the Df that I would have liked to buy but can't afford, and the retro details make much more sense on this camera than on the Nikon. The viewfinder is optical as well as electronic, the best of both worlds. Worst of all, if I sell most of my Nikon stuff, I can actually afford the two bodies that I would need, plus a couple of lenses. And for the lenses that I can't yet afford, there's this thing called adapters.

I do need to see some RAW files first, but this is very tempting.

Then there's the battery life...
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 16th January 2016 at 10:19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

If the battery life is similar to the X-T1 then it won't be much of an issue as the XT-1 is excellent. They use the same batteries.

The only battery issue I have is when I use the 50-140 as it seems to drain the cells faster.

Even with the grip and 2 cells installed.

Paul C

Post Thanks / Like

Battery life was always some kind of issue with all my Fuji's I owned (XPro1, XE2, XT1), but having said that I bought several third party spare batteries which are as good or even better (at least the ones I bought) as the original battery. This finally makes battery life a no issue as long as you remember just to put enough spares in your pockets. Which BTW is easy, as the batteries are pretty small and light weight.

I am really tempted by the Xpro2. I would meanwhile rather decide for this camera instead of the for me much more logical D500, which technically might be better, although only slightly, in most disciplines. But I remember that I really loved the XPro1 and only sold it as I could not live with the rather slow and unpredictable AF. Which should be hugely improved in the XPro2 - I definitely have to test one!

My m43 system is getting really in danger and I might switch over back to Fuji with the XPro2 and use the X system as my mirrorless system in parallel to Nikon FF based on the lovely D810. What also might contribute significantly to that decision is the newly released 100-400, which translates to a 150-600 and should work superbly with the new AF system of the XPro2 for wildlife. Plus I would instantly get 24MP instead of the probably upcoming 20MP of future m43 top models and not have to crop to get my favored 3:2 instead of the 4:3, all together pretty convincing arguments. I feel I am getting weaker ....

One word about film simulation, which is a really great feature. I stopped using it in camera, as it produces JPEGs and will not show up in the original RAWs and since I am mainly a RAW shooter always applied the film simulation I wanted in post processing via LR. For me the much more flexible way to go. However you like to use it, the effects are superb and spare hours of post processing work over time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

X-Pro2 does indeed look like a very good camera compared to X-Pro1.

I'm also curious about how it holds up against other contemporary cameras - I guess we'll see such comparison once the real reviews start popping up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just for fun on a Sunday morning, 4 "sufficient" 24MP cameras with their more or less 50mm equivalent lenses:

Fuji X-Pro2 with Fujinon 35mm f/1.4
    $1,700 + $599 = $2,299
    495 grams + 187 grams = 682 grams

Sony A7 II with Zeiss 55mm f/1.8
    $1,698 + $998 = $2,696
    599 grams + 281 grams = 880 grams

Nikon D7200 with Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 DX
    $1,097 + $197 = $1,294
    765 grams + 200 grams = 965 grams

Nikon D750 with Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
    $1,997 + $217 = $2,214
    840 grams + 186 grams = 1,026 grams

Sony A6000 with Sony E 35mm f/1.8
    $548 + $448 = $996
    344 grams + 154 grams = 498 grams

Olympus E-M1 with Zuiko 25mm f/1.8 (16MP)
    $1,099 + $299 = $1,398
    497 grams + 136 grams = 633 grams

Panasonic GH4 with Panasonic/Leica 25mm f/1.4 (16MP)
    $1,298 + $598 = $1,796
    560 grams + 200 grams = 760 grams

When travelling, more extra batteries would add to the weight of the mirrorless cameras. This is a mix of full frame and 1.5x crop sensor cameras, which some may describe as comparing bananas to papaya. However, with current sensor technology, that isn't very relevant to me anymore, except when I need a higher pixel count or extreme DR. For the Fuji, there's also a very good 56mm f/1.2 that takes care of some of the differences. I also assume that the Fuji is competitive in the DR area. Fuji cameras have a tradition for being just that.

Although this is just a snapshot of the market, and mostly with models relevant to myself and not necessarily to others, there are some interesting parameters being brought to the table here. The X-Pro2, which is a very well equipped camera, Fuji's new top model and the only one featuring a hybrid viewfinder is relatively competitively priced, and although not particularly compact, much more lightweight than the competition listed here. In Thailand, Fuji is already market leader among cameras with interchangeable lenses, not only among the mirrorless crowd, and I can see a lot of DSLR users wanting to try this new model.

As for myself, I won't dump my Nikon gear just yet, but will probably postpone the D500, which is kind of overkill for what I currently do anyway, and try out the Fuji as a travel camera instead.
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 16th January 2016 at 19:38.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

So the X-Pro2 is really expensive per gram.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jorgen,

A7 II + 55/1.8 can also be bought for < $2,000.

(You yourself have posted the plummeting values of Sony cams. Do not go by debut list prices)

Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    So the X-Pro2 is really expensive per gram.
    It is just expensive.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Just for fun on a Sunday morning, 4 "sufficient" 24MP cameras with their more or less 50mm equivalent lenses:

$1,700 + $599 = $2,299

$1,698 + $998 = $2,696

$1,097 + $197 = $1,294

$1,997 + $217 = $2,214

When travelling, more extra batteries would add to the weight of the mirrorless cameras. This is a mix of full frame and 1.5x crop sensor cameras, which some may describe as comparing bananas to papaya. However, with current sensor technology, that isn't very relevant to me anymore, except when I need a higher pixel count or extreme DR. For the Fuji, there's also a very good 56mm f/1.2 that takes care of some of the differences. I also assume that the Fuji is competitive in the DR area. Fuji cameras have a tradition for being just that.

Although this is just a snapshot of the market, and mostly with models relevant to myself and not necessarily to others, there are some interesting parameters being brought to the table here. The X-Pro2, which is a very well equipped camera, Fuji's new top model and the only one featuring a hybrid viewfinder is relatively competitively priced, and although not particularly compact, much more lightweight than the competition listed here. In Thailand, Fuji is already market leader among cameras with interchangeable lenses, not only among the mirrorless crowd, and I can see a lot of DSLR users wanting to try this new model.

As for myself, I won't dump my Nikon gear just yet, but will probably postpone the D500, which is kind of overkill for what I currently do anyway, and try out the Fuji as a travel camera instead.
    I believe the Sony A6000 would be a more relevant direct competitor to the X-Pro2 and the "pro" level Micro 4/3 Panasonic GX8 or Olympus E-M5II/E-M1 would be more relevant as well even if not 24 megapixel cameras (along with the Nikon D7200.)

- - - Updated - - -

$1,700 + $599 = $2,299

$1,698 + $998 = $2,696

$1,097 + $197 = $1,294

$1,997 + $217 = $2,214

I believe the Sony A6000 would be a more relevant direct competitor to the X-Pro2 and the "pro" level Micro 4/3 Panasonic GX8 or Olympus E-M5II/E-M1 would be more relevant as well even if not 24 megapixel cameras (along with the Nikon D7200.)
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jorgen,

A7 II + 55/1.8 can also be bought for < $2,000.

(You yourself have posted the plummeting values of Sony cams. Do not go by debut list prices)

While Sony cameras lose value faster than most, any camera can be bought cheaper than the advertised price, but you do have a point. The Sony A7 also suffers from the expensive/heavy lens, but that is what you get when buying from a supplier that doesn't see providing a complete lens line-up as high priority. In that respect, Fuji is really good.
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 16th January 2016 at 19:42.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the A6000 would easily win both the size, weight and price competition, but I find the ergonomics awful even after Sony standards and high ISO performance unacceptable, around 1 stop worse than the D7200. For me, it would never qualify as a main camera. All of the others could. The D7200 is indeed 24MP btw.

As for m4/3, apart from not being 24MP, and in most cases only 16MP, they are challenged when it comes to high ISO. Apart from that, both the E-M1 and the GH4 would be obvious candidates.

I've added price and weight of the A6000 to the list. Here's the size comparison with the X-Pro2. The size difference isn't as big as I had expected:

It's interesting also to notice that the m4/3 cameras are neither smaller nor significantly lighter than the Fuji. The Panasonic combo is actually heavier, but that includes a much larger battery than the other mirrorless cameras.

Be aware also that some of these cameras (both of the Nikons and the A6000) have a maximum shutter speed of 1/4000s, while the rest manage 1/8000s (physical shutter). The Fuji is the only one offering deep RAW buffer in addition to a rather fast frame rate at 8fps.
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 16th January 2016 at 19:48.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here's a whole bunch of videos. The marketing department has really pulled all the stops.

http://fujifilm-x.com/ja/cameras/x-p...013.1449744679

Post Thanks / Like

A6000 + 35mm FE 2.8 is one mighty compact combo. high iso performance can compensate for loss of light but smaller glass means super fast AF. and of course there's the zeiss look
    there only a few things missing: EVF not as high res as others, no level guage built-in, strong AA filter means final image just doesnt quite feels as sharp as say fuji files.

looking at X-pro 2 specs give me good insight what XT2 will be like. i might hold off with A6100 since i already have lens for both system
    Keep It Simple.
    XQ2 / A7r / 15mm / 25mm / 28-35-50mm
    EOS M3 / 18-35mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by UHDR View Post
    A6000 + 35mm FE 2.8 is one mighty compact combo. high iso performance can compensate for loss of light but smaller glass means super fast AF.
    While that combo would be very light and very compact, there's no way it could compete with any of the X-Pro2/35mm combinations in low light or for shallow DOF. The A6000 is already a stop worse then the D7200 at high ISO, and it would be fair to expect the Fuji to be even better than the Nikon, although nothing has been proven yet. Then, the Fuji 35mm lenses are f/1.4 and f/2.0, which means that the A6000 combo would be 2-4 stops worse off for low light photography than the X-Pro2 combos.

The 35mm FE f/2.8 is an $800 lens. The Fujis are $600 for the f/1.4 and $400 for the f/2.0. The price advantage of the Sony disappears rather quickly when the lenses come into play.

The Fuji 35mm f/2.0 is also weather sealed, as is the camera.
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 17th January 2016 at 04:56.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jorgen, Do not go by the list prces of the Sony lenses in the FS section here. no one buys them at those prices.

The Fuji 35mm lenses are far superior to the Sony/zony ones. no doubt about that.

Post Thanks / Like

The Fuji 35mm lenses are far superior to the Sony/zony ones. no doubt about that.
    I would quite agree with that! Fuji lenses are even better in many cases than the Sony/Zeiss glass, which is a real achievement. But no wonder as Fuji also builds the lenses for the Hasselblad digital cameras