The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji support in Europe/Netherlands

V

Vivek

I know this is a tiny group but I will take my chances.

How is the Fuji customer support in Europe and in particular, the Netherlands?

[It looks like Jorgen was right about a particular walkman maker after all. Clueless electronic entity]

iiiNelson

[It looks like Jorgen was right about a particular walkman maker after all. Clueless electronic entity]
Can't speak on Fuji support in general but the Fuji crowd seems to be really happy with the Fuji X system and X100 series in general. They obviously do a lot of after sales product optimization support (possibly more than any other camera maker) so that's an extreme positive on their behalf from my perspective. I haven't heard about many serious quality issues from them but they obviously aren't dong the numbers of Canon, Nikon, or even Sony for that matter. We will see how they handle that in the future as even seemingly unflappable companies for quality like Toyota has gotten much worse as they grew exponentially larger.

The prospect/potential of them making a more affordable MF option piques my own interests. Fuji is on the short list of cameras that I'd like to get my wife for a gift as she wants a "real camera" for herself versus relying on her cell phone or cheap P&S that doesn't even shoot in RAW. A lot will depend on what comes of the Sony APS-C mirrorless as I already have compatible lenses and she clearly isn't as picky about that as I am. Probably won't even get her any primes although some may wind up in the house (for me) if I go the Fuji route for her.

I'm pretty set on the lenses that I NEED from Sony but a native UWA and longer portrait lens would be nice as well. I suspect that I may actually upgrade my bodies with the next round of body updates as I've pretty much skipped all of the version 2 bodies so far.

If Sony put out a MF camera that would be great too but I'm not holding my breath with their Phase One/Hasselblad/Pentax MF partnerships.

V

Vivek

.. as I've pretty much skipped all of the version 2 bodies so far.
I did the same as a personal protest for the lack of FW upgrades to the earlier series.

Fuji, unquestionably, do well in that department. :)

iiiNelson

I did the same as a personal protest for the lack of FW upgrades to the earlier series.

Fuji, unquestionably, do well in that department. :)
True but in fairness many of the Sony upgrades are hardware based (IBIS, additional AF points, new sensor technology, improved build quality/ergonomics, etc.) and thus can't be accomplished through a software patch. They did issue a patch for the A7RII and A7SII for uncompressed RAW. I'd like to have that at least for my A7R that I've modified for Full Spectrum Imagery/IR/potential astrophotography usage but I'm not holding my breath at this point. If it happens I won't complain if it doesn't... I still won't complain as I haven't seen any issues in IQ in my photos taken with the camera that weren't my fault or over reliance on AF.

All in all though I think it would be nearly impossible for me to be satisfied with a smaller sensor. For that reason the Fuji X cameras could never be more than a fun or travel system for me. The MF would change that though and I could see myself dumping the Sony for that (potentially) and picking up a Fuji X System camera for the other stuff that doesn't need MF or requires telephoto lenses. In this I believe a X-Pro 2 and XT-2 may make a logical combination for a travel system.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I don't know anything about Fuji's customer service in The Netherlands. What I do know is:

- In Norway, Fuji users I have spoken with in previous years have been very satisfied with their service, although Fuji doesn't have their own repair shop in the country, but ship broken cameras to the UK. Shipment is as far as I've understood it free, and is taken care of by Fuji after the cameras has been delivered at the local camera shop.

- In Thailand, I have had extremely positive experiences with their service department. When I was an active user of the S3/S5 models, price and time estimates were always exact, they always called me when my camera was ready, and when things were urgent, they fixed my camera while I was waiting if parts were available. The S3 wasn't very solidly built, so it had to go to "the doctor" on occasions. When there were problems finding parts, they always explained the situation and if I could expect to get those parts in the future.

I have no experience with Canon in Thailand, but people tell me that they are good. Nikon is good, but not as good as Fuji. Olympus is very good here too. Panasonic looks upon the products they make as disposables. The record for my first GH1 was around 6 months, without any communication whatsoever. It was free though.

When all this is said, it must also be pointed out that Fuji has always had a strong market position in Thailand, and they are currently market leader for exchangeable lens camera here. Yes, they sell more than either Nikon or Canon too. But although the situation might not be directly comparable to that of any European country, I do think it says something about the attitude in the organisation as a whole.

archiM44

I have only used my dealers for support and that has been more than excellent. Very fast repair in one case and in the other I received a new camera from my dealer
and he waited for the brand new replacement for his store.
He was my Leica dealer for many years.
The other Fuji dealer I often use is just as good.
Both have such a good relationship with Fujifilm netherlands that service is not a problem.