The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji xf lens reviews

karlfoto

Hi forum

I am interested in looking at some good reviews for the following lenses:

xf 14, 18, 27, 60
zeiss touit 50

I am looking for a kit for my hiking and landscape trips, these are usually 3-5 days carrying all equipment, photo gear, food tent etc.

I do prefer primes because of the size attached to the body as i carry my camera bag on my hip, so the smaller the package, the smaller the camera bag, the less irritating it is in that position.

I am also interested in getting good sun stars from my lenses, so any info on this would also be appreciated.

How is the af speed with the 60mm macro with all the new firmware, I understand it was considered slow when it came out.

I dont yet have a fuji camera, but my interested has been reignited in the new x pro 2 close to being available.

Thanks for your help.

greypilgrim

ephotozine does some pretty good reviews. Just search on

ephotozine Fuji 60mm

for instance, and you will find their review on the 60...

Doug

greypilgrim

For the record, I have the 14 and the 60 on your list. I have stayed away from the 18 and the 27.

The 14 is excellent. The 60 is slow to focus but seems to be a good performer otherwise. I've only had it for a month or so.

I am looking at my next hiking trip to take the 10-24 as my wide, the 35mm f2, and the 60.

For my longer lens, I use the 55-200. The 14 does a really nice job for star shots as well.

Hope this helps,

Doug

Rayto

For a technical review of specs, above.

For a review of the lens to take pictures, try tomen.de. Fuji Curation tab, Lenses. He's got just about every review linked.