The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Possible MF from Fuji

iiiNelson

From the outset, this reads as it may not happen. What form it takes is any ones guess including Fuji it seems..

Fujifilm Will Launch a Medium Format Camera (Top Trusted Japanese Source) :: New Source says it will be presented Photokina! | Fuji Rumors

On the XPro2 thread it was discussed a bit. A Fuji 67 like camera in maybe 645 format would be nice.
I think there would possibly be room for both a rangefinder style and a SLR style camera in the spirit of a X-Pro+ and a X-T+ camera. That would certainly be different to offer two models in the same mount. With an ultra wide(21 equivalent,) wide(28-35 equivalent,) normal (45-55 equivalent,) and medium portrait lens (80-105 equivalent) at launch.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
@ HiredArm: that sensation you feel is me running over you to get to this one before you do!!!! :D

That is my dream camera. It is not as though Fujinon can't make MF bodies or lenses... all I need is a 45–50 mm EFOV lens on it; fixed is fine by me.

iiiNelson

@ HiredArm: that sensation you feel is me running over you to get to this one before you do!!!! :D

That is my dream camera. It is not as though Fujinon can't make MF bodies or lenses... all I need is a 45–50 mm EFOV lens on it; fixed is fine by me.
I'll be sure to preorder on a different continent be it North America or Europe. LOL

That is if it's a system camera. A fixed lens camera would be nice and different but then it would come down to price. If under $4000 then I might be interested. If not then I'd pass unless it's a system camera.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Ha! That made me laugh.

I have a couple of system already (µ4/3rds, and recently one of the X-E2 bodies with the 35/1.4 lens). For the work I do these days, µ4/3rds is adequate; in fact the deeper DOF wide open or near wide open is a bonus. There's plenty of foreground–background separation.

A single lens MF camera is the one that would replace the X-E2; a one-lens way of looking at the world, and carry everywhere. It's the overall shape that matters the most (the X-100s I still have, but enlarged in all directions would be perfect).